Author Topic: Knife I made for a prize  (Read 5578 times)

Offline Brian Jordan

• Pennsylvania
Knife I made for a prize
« on: September 05, 2008, 04:29:38 PM »
This is a knife I made for the prize blanket at a up coming shoot. This month is sadly the last shoot of the year, and everyone is to bring a prize to the shoot.

Here are the details:

O.A.L. is 10.500 long, the Blade is 6.00 long made of O1 tool steel hardened to 59Rc. with a file worked blade. The scales are cherry with seven copper pins, and the sheath is made of 7oz. tooling leather.

Elizabeth, PA

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms"...Thomas Jefferson

Let's Go Brandon!

Offline Lucky R A

• In Costume
Re: Knife I made for a prize
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 05:25:03 PM »
Nice work and excellent attention to detail on your file work.    Someone is going to get one heck of a nice prize.   Our club Jefferson Co. Long Rifles is also having their blanket shoot this month.  I will miss it as i am doing the D.U. Pymatuning Waterfowl & Outdoor Exo. on the 20 & 21 this year.   We will skip October and then have the November Turkey Shoot.   
"The highest reward that God gives us for good work is the ability to do better work."  - Elbert Hubbard

Online rich pierce

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 05:25:40 PM »
That's about a perfect sized and shaped knife for everyday use and it really nicely done.
Andover, Vermont

Offline Brian Jordan

• Pennsylvania
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2008, 05:39:56 PM »
Nice work and excellent attention to detail on your file work.    Someone is going to get one heck of a nice prize.   Our club Jefferson Co. Long Rifles is also having their blanket shoot this month.  I will miss it as i am doing the D.U. Pymatuning Waterfowl & Outdoor Exo. on the 20 & 21 this year.   We will skip October and then have the November Turkey Shoot.   

I recently meet a few guys from the Jefferson county long rifles at a local shoot at the Clairton sportsman's club in allegheny County last month. I wish I were better with names, but I believe one of the fella's was named Ray, and a pretty good shot also. I hope to make it up to one of your shoots sometime.
Elizabeth, PA

Let's Go Brandon!

Offline Tim Crosby

• Administrator
  • AKA TimBuckII
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2008, 10:13:09 PM »
 Nice job, I like the file work.

Tim C.

Offline G. Elsenbeck

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2008, 01:01:03 AM »
Great craftsmanship and detail.  Someone is going to be proud wearing this on their belt!
Journeyman in the Honourable Company of Horners (HCH) and a member in the Contemporary Longrifle Association (CLA)

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Offline Brian Jordan

• Pennsylvania
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2008, 01:44:44 AM »
Thanks for all the compliments fella's
Elizabeth, PA

Let's Go Brandon!