Author Topic: Nice Powder Horn by Rick Lorenzen  (Read 5553 times)

Offline Majorjoel

Nice Powder Horn by Rick Lorenzen
« on: September 10, 2008, 04:54:09 PM »
This is the work of my good friend, northern Michigan's Rick Lorenzen. You may have met Rick at one of the many events across the country, as he does get around quite a bit. This horn he made for me will eventually find a hunting pouch to match up too. http://i445.photobucket.com/albums/qq171/joelhall452/P1000055.jpg[/img]]    http://i445.photobucket.com/albums/qq171/joelhall452/P1000054.jpg[/img]]
Joel Hall

Offline Randy Hedden

• member 2
  • American Mountain Men #1393
Re: Nice Powder Horn by Rick Lorenzen
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 07:15:11 PM »
Joel,

Although I have attended quite a few events in Michigan, I don't think I have ever run across Mr. Lorenzen. This horn looks like a horn that you should be proud to carry anywhere. Nice horn! Nice scrimshaw!

Randy Hedden

www.harddogrifles.com
American Mountain Men #1393

Offline Tim Crosby

• Administrator
  • AKA TimBuckII
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 10:54:53 PM »
 That is indead a good looking horn, I like the color.

Tim C.

Offline G. Elsenbeck

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 12:43:02 AM »
 :)Tell Rick he did a very nice job.  I'm envious of the scrim and the color looks good too.
Journeyman in the Honourable Company of Horners (HCH) and a member in the Contemporary Longrifle Association (CLA)

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

BPB

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2008, 12:51:31 AM »
:)Tell Rick he did a very nice job.  I'm envious of the scrim and the color looks good too.

Looks like ya found somone to detail those horns you have?? ;D
 bpb

Offline G. Elsenbeck

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2008, 01:56:23 AM »
Bill, thanks for the kind words!  As for my scrim, I really have to work at it as I don't consider myself an artist as such.  I lean towards the folk art and work done during the F&I and Rev. war time frame.  But, sure do admire those who do engraving.  I'll just have to practice more.  So much to do, so little time, sigh.  ;)
Journeyman in the Honourable Company of Horners (HCH) and a member in the Contemporary Longrifle Association (CLA)

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Top Jaw

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2008, 05:31:07 AM »
I met Rick at the CLA show last year, and again this year.  He spent alot of time answering a few of my questions, and giving me some pointers on a specific problem I was having.  Seems like a good fellow, and I thought his horns were some of the best "value for the money" items at the show.

Top Jaw