Author Topic: Dixon's  (Read 4525 times)

Offline BJH

Dixon's
« on: June 26, 2008, 05:15:12 AM »
I will be there and will be looking foreward to meeting up with forum members up at the Curran and Pierce tent on the hill. I have the honour of building the rifle that will be raffeled off at the fair this year. It will be a Upper Susquehanna school rifle featuring the barrel that was hand rifled at the fair last year. A continuation of the tradition of the fair. Looking forewards to the fair. BJH
BJH

Offline Acer Saccharum

• Administrator
    • Thomas  A Curran
Re: Dixon's
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2008, 06:02:28 AM »
BJ, I, too, am looking forward to the Fair and seeing you and your family. Please save some ribbons for the rest of us!

Long John, I hope Ollie is coming. Rich and Susan Pierce are coming all the way from St. Louis, with a banjo on their knee.

It's good to see everyone tryng out the new forum. I am always afraid the old one will crash permanently, but now that a lot of us are signing in, that is becoming less of a worry. Hooray, and thanks to Dennis for all his work on this board.

Sorry, I strayed a bit off the topic.

What are we gonna buy this year? I have a short list, which somehow gets lost, with all my money anyway. I can't wait. lemme tell you. Once July hits, I'll be wound right up tight.

C'mon, y'all. come to Dixon's!
Tom Curran's web site : http://monstermachineshop.net
Ramrod scrapers are all sold out.

Offline Tom Currie

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2008, 01:58:59 AM »
Hey Big Boy, you have to come from Alabama to have a banjo on your knee. Maybe a Hawken on Rich's knee would be more appropriate. ;D

Offline B Shipman

• W.G. Shipman Gunmaker
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2008, 07:16:11 AM »
I"ve only missed once since 1983, so if I'm not there you can check the obituaries. I've always thought they should have a bar up on the hill. Nothing fancy, just beer and whiskey and a few dancing girls. OK , colonial dancing girls.

Offline Frank

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2008, 06:31:07 PM »
I will be there. Got to pick up some accoutrements to go with the new rifles I'm building.