Author Topic: Precision vs Accuracy revisited  (Read 12112 times)

northmn

Re: Precision vs Accuracy revisited
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2010, 01:44:49 PM »
Douglas XX were mostly selected because they had little or no run out.  Your comments kind of support what I am saying as a Douglas was probably in quality about like the old Green River, Montana or today's Green Mountain.  I doubt if it would be up to the quality of a Rice barrel.  I think the XX only cost about $20 more ???  Those of us that shot them remember that almost all barrels back then either needed to be lapped or generally "shot in" with a few shot to get their edge.  Once a load is worked up and they have been shot a bit almost any barrel now offered will out shoot the shooter.  The extra $100 for a match quality barrel is a bench rest issue.

DP

Leatherbelly

« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2010, 08:59:15 AM »
A precision barrel, precisely loaded and sights correctly regulated makes for an an accurate rifle.  Optimum operation of an accurate rifle is optional.

A certain minimum level of equipment is required for good operation to come to the front.

Practice does NOT make perfect . . . PERFECT practice makes perfect.

TC
Well said.
This is how I see it.
Precision is mechanical,
Accuracy is human.

PERFECT practice makes perfect.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 09:02:07 AM by Leatherbelly »

Offline hanshi

• My passion is longrifles!
    • martialartsusa.com
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2010, 02:28:30 PM »
How about let's say, "precise accuracy"; one is meaningless without the other.  The human element puts them together.
!Jozai Senjo! "always present on the battlefield"
Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.