Author Topic: Lehigh Valley lube?  (Read 5705 times)

Offline Darkhorse

Lehigh Valley lube?
« on: September 22, 2008, 10:44:36 PM »
A couple of months ago a lot of shooters on here was talking about these new lubes coming on the market which were the same as LHV. One of them was Shenandoah Valley.
There was (supposedly) going to be some shooting going on to test some of these products but I haven't read a word about it.
So what's up with the stuff?
American horses of Arabian descent.

Offline Darkhorse

Re: Lehigh Valley lube?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 10:55:02 PM »
By the Way, just checked TOW's website and they are accepting orders on LHV. Does this mean Tom's back in buisness? Or sold his buisness?
Probabaly won't know till I order some more.
American horses of Arabian descent.

C. Cash

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 06:30:37 PM »
I was one of those folks who was going to shoot it.....was waiting for my 1st rifle to be finished and will finally pick it up this weekend.  Having sold my renegade a year ago and just now picking up the longrifle, just haven't had the chance yet.  I still have 2 bottles of the old LHV lube which worked great in the Renegade, but will get a bottle of Shannandoah to try.

Offline Hank*in*WV

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2008, 01:20:55 AM »
I picked up a bottle of Shenandoah at Dixons but haven't had a chance to try it out yet. Maybe this weekend if my back will cooperate.
"Much of the social history of the western world over the past three decades has involved replacing what worked with what sounded good. . ." Thomas Sowell

William Worth

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2008, 02:58:15 PM »
So does TOW have LHV or not?  Some websites are pretty bad about presenting obsolete information and not being kept current. :-\

Offline rallen

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2008, 02:34:01 AM »
Apparently LHV is defunct. SV has the same logo and packaging as LHV and according to Dixon's is the same formula. Haven't tried it yet.
Ryan

William Worth

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2008, 03:34:21 AM »
Well...since we can't get LHV anymore, here's my next substitute/experiment, DR. BRONNER'S Pure Castile Soap (in solution of course).  All of the magic ingredients seem to be there, essential oils, saponified...stuff.... :P ??? 8)

Leatherbelly

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2008, 07:04:34 AM »
  Hey! I like that soap,and idea too! Weird writings on the bottle. good soap tho!

William Worth

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2008, 10:29:21 PM »
"All-One!"

William Worth

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2008, 02:58:09 PM »
...Well...the Dr. Bronner's solution patch lube trials don't seem to be doing well.  After about five unwiped shots, accuracy begins to deteriorate and after shooting cleanup seems to produce more fouling.

But I'll keep at it nonetheless!   ;D