Author Topic: Scurlock Publishing Considering a Reprint of The Gunsmith of Grenville County!  (Read 5963 times)

Mattole

I was told by someone at Scurlock Publishing Company today that  they have a contact list started for people interested in a possible reprint of "The Gunsmith of Grenville County". You can email your contact information to custserv@scurlockpublishing.com.

I figure if we all spread the word and get enough people to sign on to the contact list then it could have a positive influence on when this great resource book gets printed again..

« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 12:34:18 AM by Mattole »

mrhistory

I sure hope so...I've been looking for a used one for sometime and have seen them for $300 and up!

mrhistory

Sell  it on Amazon. They have one for $377 and another for $425

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/1880655136/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used

Offline Bill of the 45th

• Gaylord, Michigan
Not sure but I think Troy Roope at has some in stock at Stonewall Creek Outfitters, give him a call. great guy to do business with.  For his site, and phone number add a WWW. and a .com.

Bill
Bill Knapp
Over the Hill, What Hill, and when did I go over it?

Mattole

Not sure but I think Troy Roope at has some in stock at Stonewall Creek Outfitters, give him a call. great guy to do business with.  For his site, and phone number add a WWW. and a .com.

Bill

Bill, thanks for the heads up about that. I just checked out the website and indeed the book is listed there. I will call and order one tomorrow.

I will be embarking on my first longrifle build later this fall and was hoping to read this book before starting.

Thanks again!

Offline Bill of the 45th

• Gaylord, Michigan
Mattole, it's a good resource, but for a first timer, you want one of the other ones as well.  Peter's book, is great, but may be too technical for some.  You definately need more than one.

Bill
Bill Knapp
Over the Hill, What Hill, and when did I go over it?

Mattole

Yes Bill I was planning to buy Recreating the American Longrifle and Art of Building the Pennsylvania Rifle as well. Also I plan to buy some of the DVD's out there by Hershal House and others.

By the way I just heard back from Troy at Stonewall Creek Outfitters and unfortunately they are out of TGOGC.

Many thanks again. I am all ears for advice and counsel to get me off to a good start!

Offline Carper

Mattole:    I think that I have one in about new condition. If you are interested, I'll  look and see if I still have it. My email is firecracker62@ suddenlink.net     Make me a lowball offer for it.  Johnny

Mattole

Email sent, Johnny. Many thanks.

Kevin

Offline Curt Larsen

I also recommend Chuck Dixon's book as featured on the Dixon website.  Check out Dixon's here on ALR.  Last time I checked, the price with s&h was under $25.  It is a lot less complex than the Grenville County book (and obviously a lot cheaper as well).

cebeaver

At one time Dixsons had some Gunsimth of Greenville County, thats where I got my book from.

Offline Curt Larsen

I'm assuming that you are bidding on the one up for sale on Ebay.  If not, better check it out.
Curt

Mattole

Seeing as the prices are very high for the remaining copies and the fact that there are other reference materials out there, I think I'll wait for a reprinting of the book...

msw

wow- i had no idea the price was that high... and you thought colledge textbooks were expensive!!