Author Topic: pics of log cabin event  (Read 5704 times)

lew wetzel

pics of log cabin event
« on: September 28, 2008, 01:50:37 AM »
these are the pics of the event that is going on this weekend at the log cabin shop in lodi,ohio.
ian pratt,jim kibler,tim crosby,and another fella did instructional seminars on different topics.was a good day and a great turnout.was nice to see everybody there....check out the pics..

tommy bruce

me

tim crosby

ken nettings rifles,he also made the hand cannon....4oz ball 400 grains of powder...

Offline Larry Luck

• Administrator
  • Larry Luck
Re: pics of log cabin event
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008, 02:59:22 AM »
Thanks for the photos.  Good to see folks I only get to see at Dixons.
Almost makes me want to leave Virginia for Ohio.
Larry Luck

Offline G-Man

• Member 3
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2008, 03:32:47 AM »
Is that Ian working the grill? ;)

Seriosuly, Ian and Jim- I think it is great that you guys are doing so much to share your knowledge and lead a new center of gunbuilding activity up in NE Ohio.  Instruction like that is priceless. 

Looks like fun.  Wish I could have made it up this weekend.

Guy

Offline Acer Saccharum

• Administrator
    • Thomas  A Curran
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2008, 05:32:20 AM »
Ian, I'd like my burger medium, with ......

Actually, if any burger is to be cooked, it's got to go to Allen Martin.

Aye Sir!

Yes, these pics remind me of Dixon's....sorta makes me homesick. Thanks for the pix, Lew.
Tom Curran's web site : http://monstermachineshop.net
Ramrod scrapers are all sold out.

Offline Tommy Bruce

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2008, 01:38:19 PM »
I think for the first event this went pretty well.  I see great potential here.  Thanks for the pics Chris.
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books or too much ammunition”
R. Kipling

lew wetzel

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2008, 04:30:55 PM »
for the first one it was good..lots of room for growth.good to see you yesterday tommy.i really like the pistol and will be getting out soon to shoot it...

Offline b bogart

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2008, 07:24:28 PM »
sorry I could not attend. It must of be a good time and informative. Maybe next time.
Bruce

Pratt

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2008, 07:51:09 PM »
  Well folks, the word is that we can count on this being an annual event.  Start looking for it to be advertised in the BP magazines this winter. Considering the limited promotion and short notice this time, things went really well. Many thanks to the Log Cabin Shop for all their hard work, and to all the very talented people who were willing to give it a shot and came out to support this first time adventure.
  The other gun maker that Lew mentioned who gave a talk on lock tuning is Dan Fruth of Danville Ohio. We will be seeing more of Dan in the gun building class in the coming months.
   Also a great big thanks to the barrel rifling crew who brought a bunch of their rifles to display and demonstrated their craft all weekend.

The match targets were not all scored as of yesterday afternoon so I can't tell you who won the knife and Tim's sheath yet - that's the sheath that Tim is making in the picture   

Tom, I did make a burger for Allen, when I took it down to the post office to mail it they threatened to have me arrested .   

Offline Tim Crosby

• Administrator
  • AKA TimBuckII
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2008, 08:03:30 PM »
 I thought it was a great event and well attended for a first time show/demo. Met a lot of knowledgeable and nice people and saw some outstanding work. I think the event has a lot of potential and am looking for ward to next year. A BIG THANKS to Dan and company for their hospitality .

Tim C.

Offline Mike Brooks

• Mike Brooks Gunmaker
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2008, 04:28:06 PM »
That's great seeing a bunch of Ken's work all together, I've always been a big fan of his work. ;D
NEW WEBSITE! www.mikebrooksflintlocks.com
Say, any of you boys smithies? Or, if not smithies per se, were you otherwise trained in the metallurgic arts before straitened circumstances forced you into a life of aimless wanderin'?