Author Topic: Washington Historical Gunmakers Guild  (Read 2893 times)

Offline David Rase

• If we need it here, make it here. Charlie Daniels
Washington Historical Gunmakers Guild
« on: August 03, 2009, 07:09:05 AM »
The Washington Historical Gunmakers Guild will be holding its fall conclave August 20 through August 23.  If anyone is interested in attending it is not too late to register.  The double set trigger making class scheduled for Thursday and Friday is full.  There are still slots available in the Thursday and Friday ramrod and ramrod accessories making class as well as the open forum.  The getting started class being held on Friday also has seats available. 
If you don't want to sign up for a class on Thursday or Friday then come join us on Saturday for lectures, demonstrations, open discussions, breakfast, lunch, dinner, live and silent auctions and the gunmakers shoot.  We have invited Ian Pratt to join us this year and Ian will be giving a talk on Southern iron mounted  rifles on Saturday.  Included for auction this year will be a custom flintlock longrifle assembled by members of our Guild. 
If you are interested in more information email me and I will send you a copy of the workshop flier which includes all the activities as well as the registars contact information.
Looking forward to seeing those of you in the area that can attend. Should prove to be another great event.
DMR   

Offline David Rase

• If we need it here, make it here. Charlie Daniels
Re: Washington Historical Gunmakers Guild
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 03:26:12 AM »
We had a cancelation due to medical issues in our "Make a Double Set Trigger"class:  This is a two day long, detailed “hands on” class that is designed to cover all the major elements of making a double set trigger.  The required materials (steel, spring stock, pins, etc.) are provided as part of the class fee; however, some personal tools will be required for this class a detailed list will be sent to all registered students prior to the class.  The goal of this class is for you to leave class with a working set of triggers.
Presenter: Ian Pratt

If you are interested in taking this class please contact me ASAP.  I will send you the registration info.
DMR