Author Topic: Range/Shooting Box  (Read 36165 times)

chapmans

Re: Range/Shooting Box
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2011, 09:30:20 PM »
Here is the one I just started using, have been using everything from an old cash box when I got my first muzzleloader in 1973, to fishing tackle boxes and tool boxes, always wanted to make one like this but just never found time, I bought this one at Friendship maybe 2 years ago, it was unfinished, I finished it last winter and used it for the first time last summer, always wanted to make one for each caliber so I could just grab the gun and appropriate box and head to the range, hasn't happened yet!
Regards, Steve Chapman

Daryl

« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2011, 01:40:48 AM »
tks Steve - that is a GREAT looking, shooting box.

omark

« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2011, 08:17:48 AM »
yes sir, it really is.

California Kid

« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2011, 09:46:47 PM »
Steve, great box. I'm stil using a 1950's tackle box.

chapmans

« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2011, 03:12:18 AM »
Thanks guys, I put the corners, feet and the metal handle on it, it comes with a leather carrying strap. I have one in curly maple I bought for my son, bought it finished was kind of a pain staining and finishing mine. when I get time I'll take a pic of it and post, I was kind of hoping he would take mine and I would get the maple one but he really liked it! We still need to put corners, feet, and the metal handle on his.
  Regards, Steve Chapman

Offline frogwalking

« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2011, 06:39:05 AM »
I bought a plastic tool box at Lowes.  $19.95 I think it was.  Looks just like the one Napp has.  Works fine. 
Quality, schedule, price; Pick any two.

Offline iloco

• Old Timer, Chilhowie, Va.
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2013, 12:31:44 AM »
Steve C where did you get the brass corner covers for your box.   I ordered one in Chestnut and want to add the corners for protection.   It also looks good.
iloco

Offline Kermit

« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2013, 04:29:03 AM »
I made this one a couple of years ago...

Hand cut dovetails.

Ron

THANK YOU!!!
"Anything worth doing is worth doing slowly." Mae West

Sharpsman

« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2016, 12:52:19 AM »
Nothing wrong with that! ;D Tear it up and go back and get another one.....CHEAP!! ;D ;D

Offline bones92

• If it was easy, everyone would do it.
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2016, 02:18:39 AM »
I recently bought this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000AIF174?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00

I will probably replace the hinges and put different latches on eventually.  I may reinforce the corners with brass, as well, and perhaps stain it darker.  But the only thing I need to do right away is find a leather strap to attach to the main box so that I don't have to use the carrying handle.  I keep worrying the latches might come undone and spill the contents all over the ground.

If it was easy, everyone would do it.

Ray-Vigo

« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2016, 01:01:43 AM »
I'm actually working on going to a smaller box. I have a large, Lowe's/Home Depot type plastic tool box. It is very durable and carries a lot of stuff, but it really is time to downsize to just the stuff I really do use. I'll be buying one of the very nice boxes for sale on this board from another user who makes them. I'm dumping all the junk that I just don't use and consolidating what I do use in a smaller, much nicer wooden box. Life is too short to haul around excess cr@p in a plastic box.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 01:03:24 AM by Ray-Vigo »