Author Topic: Would like any information on this cap lock.  (Read 2272 times)

jeager

Would like any information on this cap lock.
« on: February 15, 2011, 09:02:15 AM »
Can do pics if you want.
Found this at a Tactical Shop, Ar-15's, sniper rifles, lasers, that sort of thing.
Barrel is 1 1/6th across, caliber appears to mic out just under .38.
Loack says "UNION PHILADA" (Philadelphia Pa.?) barrel says Noble & Littl.F just like I wrote it.
It's a slim possibility it's Nobel and LittlE but why the Capital "E"?, so I believes it's Littl.F
Stock is plain walnut. Lock and triggers, double set, work fine, it's missing the breech plug so I was able to run a brass brush, lots of solvent and fine oil, elbow grease, 4/0 steel wool and the rifling looks sharp with few pits, and they are quite shallow.
1/2" of the wood along the barrel on the left side is broken away.
The brass butt plate, trigger gaurd, are good. Hammer is pitted but easily usable.
I have a mind to see if a maker could use the existing stock as a pattern and make this old girl bark again.
Thoughts?

Offline Longknife

Re: Would like any information on this cap lock.
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 06:27:23 PM »
Noble and Little, "Gun barrel factory, Mulberry and Allegheny, Directory of 1856-57 of Pittsburg and Allegehney cities... taken from Kauffman--The P-K rifle.... I am sure there are many fine gunsmiths here that could re stock it for you., the question is would it be worth ($) the effort? Post some pic's for some honest opinions...Ed
Ed Hamberg