Author Topic: 110118-2  (Read 9306 times)

Offline nord

110118-2
« on: February 13, 2011, 05:43:19 PM »

Comments:

The photography of the patchbox "suggests it is "leafs or side plates" are applied rather than inlet?   If so, was that often done on NC rifles?
===============================================================   

I'm more inclined to think that this appearance is due to wood shrinkage, but I might be wrong.  A very pretty rifle with lots of neat little details.
================================================================

It looks like a nice honest rifle, send it through.  By the way, the side plates look fine to me, it just might be the angle of the picture.

=================================================================
Gotta love those Voglers! They never made a 'bad' gun. This one is no exception; it has great wood, the eagle patchbox which is beautifully engraved and tasteful silver inlays, also engraved. The forestock molding is beautiful, and is a major feature on a number of Vogler rifles. The family was in a class by itself.
=================================================================
It is always a pleasure to see another Vogler, with the distinctive eagle box, toe plate and bold forestock molding. Very worthy.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2020, 06:34:17 PM by rich pierce »
In Memory of Lt. Catherine Hauptman Miller 6/1/21 - 10/1/00 & Capt. Raymond A. Miller 12/26/13 - 5/15/03...  They served proudly.