Author Topic: Tried Out Null "B" Today  (Read 5079 times)

Offline Frizzen

• Phil Piburn
Tried Out Null "B" Today
« on: March 01, 2011, 09:37:31 PM »
Too cold to go outside and shoot so I flashed 2 grs off in the pan. This is way slow motion of
just how really fast it went. I could tell it was quicker than Goex 4 F.

The Pistol Shooter

Offline Gene Carrell

Re: Tried Out Null "B" Today
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 02:46:11 AM »
You  are having fun with that  camera, aren't you. Good pics. I 'think' Null B is faster too, but the greatest advantage  for me is that it doesn't take much to set it off  (ie, fewer sparks).
Gene

Daryl

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 05:09:57 AM »
WOW- so fast it goes before the flint drops

Offline Frizzen

• Phil Piburn
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 05:28:42 AM »
I'm telling you Daryl, this is one fast puppy!!   I think I'm on to something here.
The Pistol Shooter

Offline Larry Pletcher

• Black Powder Mag
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 06:48:33 AM »
Hi Phil,
Cool pics.  Being a camera nut, I have to ask a couple of questions about the camera.   Do you know the shutter speed? Do you know the frame rate?  And last, will you share the make and model of the camera?  It might be of use in a couple of future exeriments.  The deal breaker is the time interval between frames.  That would take a bit of experimenting to determine.  As with all this stuff the learning process is the fun part.

Regards,
Pletch
Regards,
Pletch
blackpowdermag@gmail.com

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what can never be taken away.

Kayla Mueller - I didn't come here of my own accord, and I can't leave that way.  Whoever brought me here, will have to take me home.

Offline Frizzen

• Phil Piburn
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2011, 06:57:47 AM »
Sure Larry, The camera is a cheap RCA Small Wonder video camera. Cost 69.00  Frame
rate is 30 fps.  Other times I use a Fuji F 30  camera in movie mode 30 fps. I use Windows
Movie Maker to edit and go frame by frame to process the video. See you in June. Here is
another video of the same thing, same camera only not processed. Actuactly I think this is
more of a true picture. I can speed it up or slow it down at will.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 07:06:48 AM by Frizzen »
The Pistol Shooter

Offline Roger B

• You wouldn't have a snack, would you?
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2011, 04:22:58 PM »
The stuff is quick!  Now if you used it with your moon metal frizzen, it might just go nuclear.
Roger B.
Never underestimate the sheer destructive power of a minimally skilled, but highly motivated man with tools.

Offline Frizzen

• Phil Piburn
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2011, 04:48:39 PM »
Null B and moon metal, Now that's a scary thought.
The Pistol Shooter

Daryl

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2011, 06:26:42 PM »
I'd rather they just keep that stuff for the AP in the Warthog & other Vulcan cannons.

Offline Skychief

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2011, 04:43:31 AM »
That's great Frizzen.

Now for the bad news.....No matter how quick your lock is, it's still backwards! ;D

Skychief.

Daryl

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2011, 06:41:01 PM »
When I first ran the movie (taken by a friend) of Hatchet Jack and I loading our rifles - and slowed the film on my computer with my mouse to frame by frame illustration, it was evident my rifle's lock was some 1/3rd faster (1 whole frame) than Hatchet Jack's fowler lock.  After uploading them to Photobucket, the file was reduced in size and compressed which act removed many frames, I guess "bytes?"

So - How does a person upload a video and maintain it's file size?