Author Topic: Upcoming HCH Meeting  (Read 4364 times)

54Bucks

Upcoming HCH Meeting
« on: March 03, 2011, 07:15:42 AM »
 I've learned from an article in the March issue of Muzzllblasts that The Honourable Company of Horners are having their anual meeting in my back yard(near Altoona,Pa.) on March 11th and 12th.
 I'm not familiar with this organizations annual meeting. The article mentions that members will have tables set up and their horns on display. Does anyone know for sure if there will be horns for sale????????

Offline David Rase

• If we need it here, make it here. Charlie Daniels
Re: Upcoming HCH Meeting
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 07:42:57 AM »
When I attended the HCH annual meeting in Williamsburg in 2008 Roland Cadle had a couple of bags of polished horns for sale.
DMR

Offline The Original Griz

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 01:46:07 PM »
I will be there and mine will be for sale.
“I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
Thomas Jefferson
www.timsannerpowderhorns.com

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2011, 06:24:06 PM »
maybe I read your e-mail wrong... I thought you were wondering if the members will be selling finished horns from their tables. That is what I said yes to. If I misread your post, I am truly sorry.
Roland should have polished horns for sale, I hope to get some for myself.
“I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
Thomas Jefferson

54Bucks

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2011, 07:43:45 AM »
Not a problem Griz,I was/am interested in finished horns for sale and should have made that clear. The article mentioned about tables and displays, educational opportunities and so forth but didn't mention anything about sales.

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2011, 01:29:51 PM »
Oh, well in that case... Look me up ;) ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Jefferson58

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2011, 11:52:17 PM »
There will be up to 30 tables of displays at the conference with many horns and other items for sale. In addition, there will be 6 or more master horner workshops going on with the purpose of instructing in various disciplines of horn work.

Hope to see you there!

Jeff

Offline G. Elsenbeck

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2011, 05:01:08 PM »
Yep, I'll be there too and hope to meet all the fellow horners I've yet had the pleasure of meeting. 
Happy horning.
Gary
Journeyman in the Honourable Company of Horners (HCH) and a member in the Contemporary Longrifle Association (CLA)

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Offline trentOH

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2011, 01:10:09 AM »
If you live that close and DON'T attend, you'll kick yourself for years to come.