Author Topic: Class Pictures  (Read 5018 times)

Ian Pratt

Class Pictures
« on: June 29, 2008, 04:19:58 AM »
Our third class here at the Log Cabin Shop in Lodi Ohio went very well. We had our first guest speaker today, the very talented Tim Crosby. Tim gave a talk and answered questions on many aspects of powder horn making and demonstrated some techniques he uses. He brought along just a great big mess of really nice horns he has made - somewhere there must be a whole herd of *#)*^~ off bald headed cattle looking for him.
  We thank Tim for taking the time to do this, we all enjoyed his presentation today and are looking forward to hearing more from him in the future. 

Here's a picture of Tim at the work bench. We hold the classes in the "museum" part of the store, just a whole lot of interesting items in this room.

Some of the nice horns he bought with him

Here's Tim and Mark Tornichio discussing Mark's horn project
« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 04:27:06 AM by Ian Pratt »

Ian Pratt

Re: Class Pictures
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2008, 04:32:33 AM »
Also, just as a reminder we will not be holding a class in July, but we will be back in August. we ought to have that date within the next few days

And mark down on your calendars September 27th - 28th. There is an event in the works, we will have more details on this as soon as possible, still working out some details.

lew wetzel

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2008, 05:08:26 AM »
looks like i missed one heck of a class....hope everyone had a grear time!!

Offline M Tornichio

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2008, 05:18:23 AM »
It was a great class this month.
The color slide show of original iron mounted rifles was great also. I was able to get some great ideas for powder horns thanks to Tim.

Seems like every time I am in the museum I see somthing new. There is just so much interesting stuff to view. Today I noticed that there was a piece of timber from one of the ships that fought on lake erie and was destroyed. 1812 I think was the time frame.

Offline Tim Crosby

• Administrator
  • AKA TimBuckII
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2008, 11:14:40 PM »
You guys were a great audience and asked some good questions.

Thanks, Tim C.

Offline BillPac

• N. Ohio
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2008, 02:48:02 PM »
Ian
Thank You for another great class.   It is a pleasure to come and discuss long rifles, learn techniques and just hang out with people that share the same passion.

Tim
A wonderful discussion on your horn making.  I learned a lot.  Your horn collection was a joy to look at and handle.  Thank you for sharing.

The Log Cabin folks did another wonderful job hosting this event and as always its hard to walk in there with out buying something! Thank You.

By the way thats my belly sticking in the photo with Tim and Mark

BillP