Author Topic: KIK Black Powder  (Read 4012 times)

California Kid

KIK Black Powder
« on: October 19, 2008, 11:03:13 PM »
How does KIK 3f compare to Goex 3f? Got a can to try. More concerned about POI.

david50

Re: KIK Black Powder
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2008, 11:22:11 PM »
i've shot both in my .32's, cant tell no difference myself but i'm just squirrel huntin' with it.

Offline Roger Fisher

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2008, 04:40:27 PM »
Well I gotta tell ya!!!  -  Couple or three yrs ago I had this comparison between KIK and Goex at 100 and 75 yds written up in M Blasts.  Long and short of it was the Goex shot just fine and the Kik was horrible.  Like shooting on it with a shotgun.   Nuff said! :o

Wyoming Mike

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2008, 05:16:00 PM »
I used KIK up until this latest new batch of powder.  I was going to order some more but managed to score 25 lbs. of GOEX 3F for $9.00 a pound so couldn't pass it up.

I found that both the 2F and 3F is a little hotter than GOEX and burns a little cleaner.  Not much but it is noticeable.  The KIK 2F is close to GOEX 3F.  The KIK 3F is a little hotter than GOEX 3F but I did not need to change my loads in my .32 and .36.  The kept close to the same POI and group size.  With the anemic loads I shoot in my pistols, I could tell no difference.

I was using 2F KIK in my .50 and above rifles.  I have found I had to reduce the KIK 2F loads by about 5 grains to get the same POI with the GOEX 3F.  Group size stayed the same.  I don't feel I get a decent group from a rifle if I cannot bench it at 50 yards and have all five touching.

Harnic

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2008, 07:25:45 PM »
The big question is which is cheaper?  ;)

California Kid

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2008, 10:28:37 PM »
I believe the KIK is cheaper. From what I've found out so far KIK is a little hotter than Goex.
Our club got a case of it as the dealer was out of Goex at the time so I'm stuck with it for the time being.
Have to go to the range and try it when I can. Any body else have any thoughts please post them
Thanks-Kid