Author Topic: Tip Curtis' "in-the-white" kits ????  (Read 5865 times)

Offline Skychief

Tip Curtis' "in-the-white" kits ????
« on: May 13, 2011, 03:16:48 AM »
Any opinions of Tip's kits are appreciated.   I may be looking at one of his "in the white" fowlers soon.   Thanks for any feedback you will provide.

Skychief.

coutios

Re: Tip Curtis' "in-the-white" kits ????
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 03:33:13 AM »
  I've looked at Tip's guns a few times. He uses quality parts and his work is good.. You won't be disapointed... Seems like a good value.... IMO....

Regards
Dave

Offline G-Man

• Member 3
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 04:40:37 PM »
I have looked at a lot of his in the white guns at Friendship and they look to be well built, have good parts, and are pretty close to being done.  He does a real nice job with shaping and you can tweak it as you like.  I think they are a good value for someone wanting an in-the-white gun and he has lots of nice stock patterns that others don't have.

He has a neat slender pattern that he calls his "small Virginia" pattern - based on a late Sheets rifle - that I really like. 

Guy

Offline Acer Saccharum

• Administrator
    • Thomas  A Curran
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2011, 04:46:18 PM »
They seem like a good value; well constructed and fitted, from what I've seen. The shaping is pretty darn good, there is not a lot of extra wood left on.
Tom Curran's web site : http://monstermachineshop.net
Ramrod scrapers are all sold out.

Offline rsells

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2011, 05:13:58 PM »
I would recommend that you go by Tip's shop or visit him at Friendship so you can look and feel the rifles, fowlers, etc. that he has for sale.  He has a lot of different styles to choose from.  I like his work and think it is well worth the price. 
                                                                                       Roger Sells

dbraw

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2011, 11:25:28 PM »
Tip has an outstanding supply of guns in the white. Probably sixty or more on display. I am carving one now for a friend who bought it form him. Very little to do except sand, carve and finish. Well worth the money and nicely constructed. Plus he is a fine fellow.
Dan B.