Author Topic: Upper Susquehanna (Unkn.) 110406-11  (Read 10309 times)

Offline nord

Upper Susquehanna (Unkn.) 110406-11
« on: May 02, 2011, 07:38:26 PM »

Comments:

This looks like a quality rifle by an unknown Upper Susquehanna gunsmith.  It appears that the only alteration is the conversion from flint to percussion. From what I can see, this rifle belongs in the library.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A beautiful rifle!  I'll doubt if we will ever be sure of the maker's identity, but that's okay.
This is a far above average rifle, produced in an area known for above average pieces. Looks like a Baum effort, but one cannot be certain. It would be nice to have full length photos, although the three/quarter views give a fair idea of what the rifle looks like. Nevertheless, it most certainly qualifies for inclusion in the Library and should be displayed.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A beautiful rifle!  I'll doubt if we will ever be sure of the maker's identity, but that's okay.
This is a far above average rifle, produced in an area known for above average pieces. Looks like a Baum effort, but one cannot be certain. It would be nice to have full length photos, although the three/quarter views give a fair idea of what the rifle looks like. Nevertheless, it most certainly qualifies for inclusion in the Library and should be displayed there.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 02:02:37 AM by rich pierce »
In Memory of Lt. Catherine Hauptman Miller 6/1/21 - 10/1/00 & Capt. Raymond A. Miller 12/26/13 - 5/15/03...  They served proudly.