Author Topic: Frank Barker Bags  (Read 5177 times)

Offline G-Man

• Member 3
Frank Barker Bags
« on: October 28, 2008, 05:01:43 PM »
I am not familiar with Frank Barker's work but there are two very nice looking hunting pouches by him over on the CLA site.  I would enjoy seeing more of his work.

A couple of guys who frequent ALR here were looking for nice reasonably priced bags recently - if you haven't found one yet you might want to check them out.  The one with the original horn and powder measure seems like one heck of a nice rig for the money.

Guy
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 05:02:22 PM by Guy Montfort »

wwpete52

Re: Frank Barker Bags
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 09:01:09 PM »
Wow! He does great work at a very reasonable price.

Offline Randy Hedden

• member 2
  • American Mountain Men #1393
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008, 10:22:39 PM »
Wow! He does great work at a very reasonable price.

wwpete52,

It seems to me that you also make some very nice bags at very reasonable prices.

Randy Hedden

www.harddogrifles.com
American Mountain Men #1393

Offline Frank Barker

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2008, 07:13:12 AM »
Hey Guy's..Just signed up on this site and while reading the topics, I noticed my name on this one. What a suprise. Thanks for the nice comments regarding my work. I have been in the muzzleloading fraternity for close to 50 years now and have been making hunting pouches about as long.  I recently got to retire and a good friend of mine, Karl Fisher, talked me into making a case for a knife he had made. One thing led to another and next thing I knew, I was back to making hunting pouches again. I have recently sold a few bags on the CLA site and from time to time, you will occasionally see one or two show up.

I have enjoyed viewing the other pouches and accoutrement's that are being produced out there, by so many talented people. I might also add that since I have had some initial exposure back into the muzzleloading fraternity, I have met some of the nicest people, who are so quick to give encouragement and much needed advice when needed.

Thanks again and maybe I will get to meet some of you in person at the next CLA show in Lexington........Frank

Offline Brian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2008, 12:51:20 AM »
Welcome to the forum Frank.  Always nice to get new members - and if they happen to also have a field of expertise (as you do) that they can share with the rest of us - well that's just more icing on the cake!   ;D
"This is my word, and as such is beyond contestation"

Offline Frank Barker

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2008, 01:56:13 AM »
Thanks Brian for the welcome, I'll do my best to help out any way I can......Frank