Author Topic: Winchester KRA & CLA show  (Read 4070 times)

Offline flintriflesmith

• Flintriflesmith
Winchester KRA & CLA show
« on: November 02, 2008, 02:06:55 AM »
There were almost no empty tables--maybe 2--and the room was full Saturday mid-day. From what I could tell the economy had not hurt the asking prices but one dealer said the crowd was mostly "lookers, not buyers."

Reeves was the only parts dealer I saw.

Gary
"If you accept your thoughts as facts, then you will no longer be looking for new information, because you assume that you have all the answers."
http://flintriflesmith.com

msmith

Re: Winchester KRA & CLA show
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 03:55:47 AM »
Man I wanted to go,but the wife made me help her can deer meat.Where is the next one at?

Offline flintriflesmith

• Flintriflesmith
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 08:03:09 PM »
The best place to keep track of these shows is on the Contemporary Longrifle Association web site.

http://www.longrifle.ws/events/

There is an artisans show in PA in February and one here in Williamsburg VA in April.

Gary
"If you accept your thoughts as facts, then you will no longer be looking for new information, because you assume that you have all the answers."
http://flintriflesmith.com

Offline Paddlefoot

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2008, 11:13:31 PM »
Man I wanted to go,but the wife made me help her can deer meat.Where is the next one at?
[/
How do you "can" deer meat? Is that a process like canning vegetables or fruit?quote]
The nation that makes great distinction between it's warriors and it's scholars will have it's thinking done by cowards and it's fighting done by fools. King Leonidas of Sparta

Michael

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2008, 02:40:01 PM »
I went both Friday and Saturday,what a great show!!!! It seemed that the majority of the show was KRA collectors. Any time I can get the opportunity to see the originals up close is a real treat. On Saturday I brought my oldest son and two grandsons to see the show. Now both of the boys want a rifle!! It was good to talk to Gary, Wallace and Jon Laubach on Friday. Frank House was there with the House Brothers rifle project, my oldest grandson was very impressed with the rifle and said it was his favorite rifle in the whole show( he's got good tastes). Also on Saturday I got the opportunity to photograph and measure number 109 in RCA II, what a great working mans rifle, simple but elegant at the same time. I bought some castings from Reeves Goerhing and had the chance to talk with him for some time. He was concerned that he would not be able to keep the business going for too much longer because of his age. He also said that his son was not very interested in taking over the business. Reeves said that his daughter was interested in the business but she had some family issues to deal with at the same time.

All in all a great show. my thanks to those who organized it and all the exhibitors who put their collection's on display.

Michael

msmith

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2008, 07:44:25 PM »
Paddlefoot sent you an email. M Smith