Author Topic: Kentucky Rifles up for Auction  (Read 2955 times)

Offline VP

Kentucky Rifles up for Auction
« on: August 10, 2011, 03:05:27 AM »
For those interested, Rock Island Auction has their catalog on line for their Sept. 9 auction. There are several rifles but only one with a high auction estimate. This is the link.  http://www.rockislandauction.com/search/aid/53

Van

msmith

Re: Kentucky Rifles up for Auction
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 03:52:13 AM »
Rockisland has a few auctions a year, I think this one is where they sale the higher dollar stuff..The other one I think is called regional, it is where you can get some pretty good deals, you can sometimes buy a whole lot of longrifles for a grand or less....It is the one where the antique gun dealers buy in large volume ,kinda helter skelter, then peddle them to collectors for a nice profit,sometimes selling one gun for more than what they paid for a lot of 3 or 4 or more...You collectors need to watch these and other auctions & cut the middle man out...With the money you save you can buy two or three...I was not real crazy about people getting on here and telling everyone about every longrifle that was for sale at auction,...But in the last few days I have changed my mind..Thanks for posting this one...I may start doing it also...Sorry if I hijacked your post..
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 04:59:33 AM by msmit »

Offline Hurricane ( of Virginia)

• Library_mod
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2011, 04:04:42 PM »
I would support the "noticing" of auctions here, on this site, as it contributes to the opportunity for new collectors to access longrifles and also keeps everyone aware of the "market."
Hurricane

Offline G-Man

• Member 3
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2011, 05:50:00 PM »
Real good contemporary piece by Mr. Heckert on there as well.

Guy