Author Topic: Sources for Cow Horns  (Read 4967 times)

Offline G. Elsenbeck

Sources for Cow Horns
« on: November 06, 2008, 12:29:44 AM »
Hello guys.  My computer is back up and running.  However, in the rebuild process I lost all bookmarks.  I'm looking for several sources of getting raw or polished cow horns as my current supply is running dangerously low.  I'm sure with this group I'll more than one source.  Even if the source only offers horns in bulk.  Anything will be appreciated.
thanks, Gary
Journeyman in the Honourable Company of Horners (HCH) and a member in the Contemporary Longrifle Association (CLA)

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

famouseagle

Re: Sources for Cow Horns
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 02:04:18 AM »

Offline elk killer

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008, 02:41:55 AM »
Lee Larkin seems to always have what i need

Lee Larkin..724-627-6901
only flintlocks remain interesting..

Offline Tim Crosby

• Administrator
  • AKA TimBuckII
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2008, 06:57:33 PM »
Lee Larkin seems to always have what i need

Lee Larkin..724-627-6901

That number is no longer any good. I just talked to Lee and he said it was ok to post this info. Email: leealarkin@gmail.com. Phone:419-690-2001. He said he has horns but they are in storage in Pa until he gets settled.

Tim C.

Offline Roger Fisher

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2008, 11:19:47 PM »
If you can wait til end of July for Dixon's Fair you can get a pickup truck full They traditionally dump off a load by the Seminar tent... ;D

It's only 9 mos!

Offline G. Elsenbeck

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2008, 02:44:08 AM »
Good info guys.  I already have a reqest to Powder Horns and More.  I've done a fair amount of business with them in the past.  I often wonder where or who they get their supplies from. 
Roger, if indeed they have truck loads of horns I will surely be there next year.
I didn't know Lee sold raw horns, good info.  I did buy his Sketchbook of scrim designs this past summer.  Great information in case anyone is looking for background or representative designs for that F&I or revolutionary war horn. 
Journeyman in the Honourable Company of Horners (HCH) and a member in the Contemporary Longrifle Association (CLA)

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."