Author Topic: Tennessee Long Rifle with a 46.5" barrel made by Captain Laben William McInturff  (Read 3800 times)

Offline Sequatchie Rifle

• Global Moderator
  • F. & A.M. Helion #1; 3rd SFG(ABN)
Original Tennessee Long Rifle with a 46.5" barrel made by Captain Laben William McInturff (1830-1902). The McInturff's made longrifles in Tennessee for generations. Laben's father was Christopher McInturff (1800-1880); his grandfather was Israel McInturff Sr. (1776-1851)- both gunsmiths. The family had been in Tennessee before statehood in 1796. He lived in Unicoi County, Tennessee in the extreme northeast corner of the state; Commanded a Company in the 3rd North Carolina Infantry (USA) during the War Between the States, he was a pallbearer at President Andrew Johnson's funeral. Ambrose Lawing served in his Company as an armorer. Marked "LWMcI". The Rifle is .38 cal., the ramrod is missing, but the stock has no blemishes. This historic and significant Tennessee rifle is in exceptionally fine condition. Overall Length 62 inches. Barrel Length 46 ½ inches. LOP 13 ½ inches. Caliber .38.

http://s678.photobucket.com/albums/vv150/sequatchie/Laben%20McInturff%20Rifle/

"We fight not for glory, nor riches nor honors, but for freedom alone, which no good man gives up except with his life.” Declaration of Arbroath, 1320

Offline Curt J

• member 2
Another great old rifle. Thanks for posting.

Offline WadePatton

• Tennessee
This album is "Private" now. Have we lost access?
Hold to the Wind

Offline Cades Cove Fiddler

??? ??? ???.. Yep,... photobucket is a contrary source for pictures,... still marked "Private",... guess I will have to try to schedule a visit again to view in person,....!!!!

Offline sqrldog

O well

Offline gibster

Any chance of posting pictures through this site instead of using Photobucket? Would enjoy seeing it.

Offline JTR

• member 2
Still private....
Contrary to emails from them, it seems Photobucket is still trying to completely destroy itself!
John Robbins

Offline Daryl

whomeever has that picture in their account, can simply copyit's address under the picture, then paste it here, as before. NP

Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a spaniel without ears" King George V

Offline Eric Krewson

I lost some pictures on that didn't get transferred on my last computer buy. Photobucket has all the ones I lost. When I need one, I pull it up on photobucket, hit save picture as and transfer it to a file on my new computer.  The photobucket watermark you see when you post directly from photobucket isn't on the pictures I transfer to my computer.