Author Topic: TRS Baker Rifle  (Read 46257 times)

Odd Fellow

Re: TRS Baker Rifle
« Reply #75 on: January 04, 2012, 12:11:17 AM »
Hey Clayton, I believe that I am one of the youngest members of the forum since I am only 17. I have built a snaphaunce lock and the rest of the musket except the barrel. and I have thought about building a boat later in life like one of the merchant ships sailed to williamsburg Va. It is a rather ambitious Idea but I believe that I could do it eventually!

Ill have to say that you did a great job on all aspects of the build and that the finish quality is above that of the origionals. Thumbs up on your work, I have always wanted a baker but have not had the means to make one yet!

clayton707

« Reply #76 on: January 04, 2012, 12:28:14 AM »
Thanks!

I think that is great! We always need new blood in these kinds of hobbies if they are to survive, and it is encouraging to know that not all 17 year olds are only interested in girls and video games!

Your interest in ship building is great also!

I started building model ships when I was about 10, built my first plank on frame scratch build when I was 15, and am now just completing what the research staff at the Vasa museum in Stockholm thinks is the most accurate model of Vasa in the world. (link to that below)

Keep up your work also!

clayton707

« Reply #77 on: January 07, 2012, 03:35:23 AM »
A few pictures of my wife and I shooting the new Baker...

« Last Edit: March 13, 2024, 07:17:59 AM by Ky-Flinter »

clayton707

« Reply #78 on: February 05, 2012, 11:15:02 PM »
And a video of me shooting my new Baker....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8C2vm8LQR8&feature=youtu.be

Offline Beaverman

« Reply #79 on: February 06, 2012, 12:25:44 AM »
And a video of me shooting my new Baker....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8C2vm8LQR8&feature=youtu.be

DID YOU JUST POUR POWDER DIRECTLY FROM THE HORN INTO THE BARREL????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????////// :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o EVER SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN A SPARK GETS PAST A SYKES FLAME PROOF VALVE ON A FLASK????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

KABOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 12:29:14 AM by Beaverman »

The other DWS

« Reply #80 on: February 06, 2012, 12:34:35 AM »
as in "w--w-where'd me bloddy finners go?"

Offline volatpluvia

• Doing mission work in sunny south, Mexico
« Reply #81 on: February 06, 2012, 12:59:40 AM »
If THAT horn is full, it would be where did my head and chest go?!
volatpluvia
I believe, therefore I speak.  Apostle Paul.

clayton707

« Reply #82 on: February 06, 2012, 01:29:44 AM »
I keep a very small amount of powder in in the horn when I do that. Even then, I suppose using a measure is better.