Author Topic: New Shooters  (Read 2191 times)

Al Lapp

New Shooters
« on: June 11, 2012, 04:16:43 AM »
Last week at our club outdoor show we had a few people show up that wanted to shoot our muzzle loaders. As the range has not been approved yet and the other ranges were being used I had a display only set up. Anyway I invited them to come to our regular shoot today (Sunday). I had a Lady, three teenage boys, and two Fathers shooting my 54 Flintlock. I had only taken my day horn and finally ran out of powder. Actually I had to bum some powder to get the last shot off. I believe a great time was had by all. I especially enjoy getting young people shooting. I took a percussion rifle with me but they all wanted to try the flintlock.  Great day.   Al

Offline smylee grouch

Re: New Shooters
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 04:38:06 AM »
Good job and thanks for your efforts.    Smylee

Offline Hungry Horse

Re: New Shooters
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 04:33:06 PM »
My gun club (Konocti Rod and Gun Club) has been doing an event each year for the past eight years, called the "Family Fun Shoot". This event usually draws a couple of hundred people. We regularly get people that have not shot any kind of firearm ( Hey, this is California). No personal firearms can be brought by the public. Club members man every station with firearms ranging from pellet guns to percussion, and flintlock rifles, and anything in between. All firearms are inspected for safety by qualified instructors. All Ammo is provided by the club. There is no cost to the public other than a small charge for lunch. You can't buy P.R. like this event generates.
More than once I have seen any-gun parents ( remember true liberals can't really say no) bring their kids just to shut them up, and wind up on the line having the time of their life. Every so often while one of our instructors is giving the talk about the gun being a machine, that has no mind of its own, that is totally controlled by the human in charge, you see one of the anti-gunners start to get the message. I love it. there are no more avid shooters than reformed anti-gunners.

Hungry Horse