Author Topic: New book - "Gunmakers of Buffalo Valley & Greasy Cove"  (Read 6069 times)

Offline Dennis Glazener

• Administrator
    • GillespieRifles
New book - "Gunmakers of Buffalo Valley & Greasy Cove"
« on: June 19, 2012, 02:24:31 AM »
For those of you that are interested in Eastern TN rifles, primarily Unicoi County TN you will be interested in Dave Byrd's new book "Gunmakers of Buffalo Valley and Greasy Cove". For those of you that don't know Dave, he is the most knowledgeable person on East TN rifles that I know of. Dave's new book is 95 pages of photos, measurements and history of the area around Unicoi County TN. The publisher is Overmountain Press 2012.ISBN-10: 1570723362 - ISBN-13: 978-1570723360

The book is $22 (includes shipping)

Dave's book can be ordered directly from him at this address:

Dave Byrd
129 Ridgewood Rd
Unicoi, TN 37692

His contact number is (423) 735-7869

Comments

Received my copy today.No book reviewer and haven't studied much on this school of rifles,but found it of interest.Lots of pictures,the McInturff rifles are really interesting with the combination of styles.Well worth buying to me.

I was able to get a copy at Norris in April. It is a great reference book that goes into detail about the makers to include photos. I have since bought two more copies as gifts. His daughter, Michelle, is selling them on eBay.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 10:01:20 PM by Dennis Glazener »
"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend" - Thomas Jefferson