Author Topic: GOODBYE  (Read 16260 times)

LURCHWV@BJS

GOODBYE
« on: July 06, 2008, 09:21:04 PM »
Had Questions got grieve.

Thanks RICHARD
« Last Edit: July 06, 2008, 11:35:40 PM by Dale H »

Offline smallpatch

• Dane Lund
Re: GOODBYE
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2008, 10:31:26 PM »
Lurch,

I hope that I have in no way offended you.

I guess I missed the string that brought this about.

Sorry to see you or anyone else leave feeling offended or personally attacked.
In His grip,

Dane

Offline Dennis Glazener

• Administrator
    • GillespieRifles
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2008, 10:34:53 PM »
Had Questions got grieve. I was compared to a child and a calf. I am niether.  Nor do I have misconception that I am a God like person who feels they can dictate what everyone can think,do ,sayor act.
I missed that post also. Sorry anyone treated you that way. Its certainly not how the ALR wishes to see members treated.
Dennis
"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend" - Thomas Jefferson

karwelis

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2008, 11:07:08 PM »
i may still be new to ALR, but i'm sorry to see anybody go. and you know i agreed with you that we should have a PR room here. you will be missed

karwelis

Dave K

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2008, 11:25:46 PM »
Well, I don't know what to say, but what in the heck is this all about? :-\

Offline Ezra

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2008, 11:26:04 PM »
This is the best and most considerate forum on the net.

Ez
« Last Edit: July 06, 2008, 11:29:16 PM by Dale H »
"Rules are for the obedience of fools and guidance of wise men"

Offline Stophel

• Chris Immel
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2008, 11:34:04 PM »
I don't know either.   ???
When a reenactor says "They didn't write everything down"   what that really means is: "I'm too lazy to look for documentation."

Offline Roger Fisher

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2008, 02:22:52 AM »
I don't miss many posts here and still have no idea what Lurch is talking about.  Does any one know and will you fill us in?? :o

Offline tallbear

• Global Moderator
  • Mitch Yates
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2008, 02:27:05 AM »
I would say that the moderaters got fed up with the powder room debate!!!!!!The posts have been deleted.

Mitch
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 02:27:53 AM by tallbear »

lew wetzel

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2008, 02:38:16 AM »
its a sad day in hoosville!!!just got home from shooting the transitional rifle and believe it or not the english flints outperformed richs.but i really missed something here,and just jumped over to the old site and its GONE!!!!!!p.room that is.hope you dont decide to really leave us richard.....

LURCHWV@BJS

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2008, 05:22:52 AM »
I have been irratated all day since my texting bout with a member. Felt as though part of me had died. The last thing I want to do is leave a forum that has given me so much insight to muzzleloading and building as ALR.  I love to feel like a part of living history and hope to pass something on to someone who is also searching for a place where old fashioned values exist. I may have been a little hasety in saying goodbye. Slept on what transpired. (Vacation over going to Butler Pa 12midnite)  The last thing I want to do is Leave.  I have never been a quitter I don't plan to start now.

Hey MAPLE I'm Man enough to say I'm sorry and I may be Wrongabout somethings   Thanks Rich

lew wetzel

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2008, 05:28:20 AM »
lurch,i know how you feel,it can be frustrating,i have had the same fella in two seperate posts be very blunt about my inexperience.made me real upset,but oh well im a big boy and can handle that.maybe it makes him feel better about himself to point out somebody elses talent  or lack of because he has nothing useful to add.....

Offline bob in the woods

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2008, 06:31:53 AM »
I can't believe that anything concerning american longrifles can raise the blood pressure of anyone.
There are many different ways of going about accomplishing things. Because I'm self taught, my methods often do not conform to the norm.....but they work for me ;D  If I send someone off the deep end because of this, let them take the meds..I really could care less :D Keep posting!!! I need all the help I can get, and this board is the Encyclopedia Britanica of longrifles.

northmn

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2008, 02:22:40 PM »
When I was a more important person than I am now I attended a workshop on communication.  It was stated that 60% of communication is non-verbal and that one of the problems with E-mail and that type of communication is that the non verbal is missing.  I am known at work as something of a clown as I joke around a bit.  I hae already learned to be more careful on my replies as what I meant has been taken differently.  And I am sure a couple of times when my feathers got a little ruffled the same thing happened. Example,  Owen Wister's the Virginain.  One person called him a SOB and they laughed, Another and he told the individual to "Smile when you say that".

DP

don getz

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2008, 04:08:23 PM »
Northman...I too am guilty of joking around.  I don't like to be around grumps, if I can't laugh and have a good time, I don't want to be there.  When you poke jokes at someone, you must have thick skin, and I have gotten many thrown
back at me.  I am also guilty of being critical of guns shown on this forum.  It was always meant to be a constructive
criticism, after all, if no one poiints out our mistakes we will continue to make them.  After all, this is a learning forum, and
a good one at that.  Isn't it great when Allen Martin posts a gun like he just did?  It should inspire all of us to try to do
better....I've tried, that's why I like to build Barn guns.  Good to have you back Lurch, hang in there.....Don

Offline Acer Saccharum

• Administrator
    • Thomas  A Curran
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2008, 04:23:32 PM »
I am writing to say that I reacted badly to some of Lurch's posts asking repeatedly about the Powder Room. I could have responded better if I were in my right mind. So, Lurch, I hope you will accept my apology for over reacting.

Tom
Tom Curran's web site : http://monstermachineshop.net
Ramrod scrapers are all sold out.

Offline Dennis Glazener

• Administrator
    • GillespieRifles
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2008, 04:40:19 PM »
I have been irratated all day since my texting bout with a member. Felt as though part of me had died. The last thing I want to do is leave a forum that has given me so much insight to muzzleloading and building as ALR.  I love to feel like a part of living history and hope to pass something on to someone who is also searching for a place where old fashioned values exist. I may have been a little hasety in saying goodbye. Slept on what transpired. (Vacation over going to Butler Pa 12midnite)  The last thing I want to do is Leave.  I have never been a quitter I don't plan to start now.

Hey MAPLE I'm Man enough to say I'm sorry and I may be Wrongabout somethings   Thanks Rich
Rich,
Glad you changed your mind. I hope you continue to pickup good muzzleoading & building tips.
Dennis Glazener
"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend" - Thomas Jefferson

LURCHWV@BJS

« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2008, 05:48:24 PM »
Tried to e-mail you Tom, Working off a PC with satelite connection in the woods near Butler PA.  I  too  acted in haste and without thought.   Did not know PR was a touchy subject.  Will not be mentioned again. Looking forward to meeting some of youall sometime in the near future. Perhaps CLR  It's only about 4.5hrs for house.  Would be easier to get to than Dixon's.  Gotta go back to work now.

THANX RICH

karwelis

« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2008, 06:30:11 PM »
welcome back rich!

karwelis

Offline Roger Fisher

« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2008, 06:38:50 PM »
Atta boy Lurch - never left - We will be looking forward to more posts from you about our game.! :)

Offline flehto

« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2008, 07:29:18 PM »
I always thought the Powder Room was a brilliant idea although I only accessed it once.   It was a place where, if some members were so inclined, they could  rant, scream, discuss taboo subjects and generally vent their anger and frustrations which is a good thing because it kept these discussions  out of the other forums.  That was a wise observation asre non-verbal communications.....e-mails can be detrimental to relationships  if care is not taken to use the right words in the absence of "eye contact" , etc.  Personally I don't miss the PR . Lurch, welcome back to the fold....Fred

jim m

« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2008, 09:12:55 PM »
welcome back lurch, and yes the demise of the powder room was a very sad state of afairs

Dave Waters

« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2008, 10:23:00 PM »
Hang in there Rich, don't let go.

Offline Snakebite

« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2008, 10:48:52 PM »
Lurch,  I know how you feel.  One of the very first posts I made on the old website (it was not in the powder room) about a shooting technique, I was pretty well lambasted  about it.  I won't go into it because I don't want to start it all over as it's been beaten to death and not just on my response.  But I just don't post hardly any posts at all.  There's a lot of good info here and that's why I stay, but everyone has an opinion and you know what they are like in relation to the human body.  I just keep my mouth shut and my opinions to myself.  The good stuff is worth sticking around.

Chris

TNrifleman

« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2008, 12:58:38 AM »
I'm glad you reconsidered.  ;D

ALR is one of the finest forums around. Believe me, I've been in some forums that seemed more like brawls than discussions. By marked contrast, this forum is a class act, even if a few feathers get ruffled on a rare occasion.