American Long Rifles Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 31, 2015, 03:13:51 AM
Home Help Login Register
News:

View the Most Recent Posts
View the ALR Mission Statement
View ALR Rules and Policies
Donate to ALR via US Mail or PayPal

+  AmericanLongRifles Forums
|-+  General discussion
| |-+  Contemporary Longrifle Collecting
| | |-+  Chris Warner rifle on blog spot
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chris Warner rifle on blog spot  (Read 940 times)
Acer Saccharum
Global Moderator

« on: September 27, 2012, 08:24:09 AM »

This rifle has so much going for it. Not only the architecture, the color, a nice amount of softening and aging, but the decor is wonderful. The design behind the cheekpiece took my breath away. It is just fabulous.

http://contemporarymakers.blogspot.com/2012/09/chris-warner-rifle.html

Tom

Tom Curran's web site : http://tcurran.com/
Mike Brooks

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 08:47:16 AM »

Saw that. I agree with everything you stated....BUT there are too many late decoration features for an early styled gun. Just my opinion. I still like it!

www.fowlingguns.com
Say, any of you boys smithies? Or, if not smithies per se, were you otherwise trained in the metallurgic arts before straitened circumstances forced you into a life of aimless wanderin'?
Jim Kibler

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 08:52:51 AM »

It's a neat gun.  Some unique and creative approaches.  I don't see a great deal fo continuity with the eintire piece, though.  Like so many guns I don't get the feeling of it being "one" or having the "entire package".
Don Getz

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2012, 05:12:50 PM »

I know Chris, and he does some scary stuff.   This one has some off the wall stuff on it.  Several years ago there was a
J.P.Beck floating around that was also scary.   If he would have put JP's initials on it, it would have been double scary.
Chris is also a good banjo player, travels with a group most of the year..........Don
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length