Author Topic: Chris Warner rifle on blog spot  (Read 2815 times)

Offline Acer Saccharum

• Administrator
    • Thomas  A Curran
Chris Warner rifle on blog spot
« on: September 27, 2012, 03:24:09 PM »
This rifle has so much going for it. Not only the architecture, the color, a nice amount of softening and aging, but the decor is wonderful. The design behind the cheekpiece took my breath away. It is just fabulous.

http://contemporarymakers.blogspot.com/2012/09/chris-warner-rifle.html

Tom
Tom Curran's web site : http://monstermachineshop.net
Ramrod scrapers are all sold out.

Offline Mike Brooks

• Mike Brooks Gunmaker
Re: Chris Warner rifle on blog spot
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 03:47:16 PM »
Saw that. I agree with everything you stated....BUT there are too many late decoration features for an early styled gun. Just my opinion. I still like it!
NEW WEBSITE! www.mikebrooksflintlocks.com
Say, any of you boys smithies? Or, if not smithies per se, were you otherwise trained in the metallurgic arts before straitened circumstances forced you into a life of aimless wanderin'?

Offline Jim Kibler

• Personal Website
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 03:52:51 PM »
It's a neat gun.  Some unique and creative approaches.  I don't see a great deal fo continuity with the eintire piece, though.  Like so many guns I don't get the feeling of it being "one" or having the "entire package".

Offline Don Getz

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2012, 12:12:50 AM »
I know Chris, and he does some scary stuff.   This one has some off the wall stuff on it.  Several years ago there was a
J.P.Beck floating around that was also scary.   If he would have put JP's initials on it, it would have been double scary.
Chris is also a good banjo player, travels with a group most of the year..........Don