Author Topic: Blunderbuss presented to the USS Ft. Worth ( finally got the pictures )  (Read 4083 times)

blunderbuss

The USS Ft. Worth was in Galveston Texas on Sept 22 for her commissioning .There was a gala presentation ceremony the night before for people wanting to present gifts to the ship. All types of gifts were represented there were flags ,paintings, sculptures, there was a non gun .36 Navy pistol on a plaque and verious and sundry other things. I did demonstrrate the spring bayonet.The captain and crew said they loved the blunderbuss The Steer head is their logo
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 12:01:37 AM by blunderbuss »

Offline C Wallingford

• Northern Kentucky
    • CW Knives
Re: Blunderbuss presented to the USS Ft. Worth ( finally got the pictures )
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2012, 06:40:04 PM »
That had to be quite an experience. I built a rifle that we presented to the Captains of the USS KENTUCKY-SSBN 737 nuclear submarine.
That was a great time. Our Navy boys know how to throw a party.
I know you are proud to be part of such an event and you will cherish the memory for the rest of your life.
Well done.

blunderbuss

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2012, 06:53:45 PM »

Thanks Mr Wallingford

Yea they can throw a party there must have been 2,000 people  the mayor of Ft.Worth came down and the Mayor of Galveston along with a state rep or two. In 06 I made a blunderbuss  and presented it to the USS Texas submarine and they had a party too but not anything like this. After the dinner for the USS Texas the captain came up to me and I began to tell him how to load it .He held up his hand and told me he already knew how as he was a rendezvouer from North Colorado. There is a video that shows the blunderbuss, go to ''USS Texas SSN775  The stupid shall be punished Korea" there you'll find a tour of the USS Texas about half way through they show the blunderbuss. I'd post that if I knew how  
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 11:00:49 PM by blunderbuss »

Offline Glenn

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2012, 10:18:45 PM »
WOW ... As usual Dennis you did an outstanding job.  Thanks again for going above and beyond for our servicemen and veterans that served / have served our various Texas ships !!! ;D
Many of them cried; "Me no Alamo - Me no Goliad", and for most of them these were the last words they spoke.

Offline pathfinder

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2012, 07:11:35 AM »
. Our Navy boys know how to throw a party.

I ONCE made the mistake of partying with my Brother-in-law,a naval aviator,and his buddy's.Last time I do that!
Nice gun and thank's for doing that for our boy's!
Not all baby turtles make to the sea!  Darwinism. It’s works!

Offline Dr. Tim-Boone

• Global Moderator
  • I Like this hat!!
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2012, 05:28:19 PM »
Don't care for those carrier landings Pathfinder??
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 05:28:33 PM by Dr. Tim-Boone »
De Oppresso Liber
Marietta, GA

Liberty is the only thing you cannot have unless you are willing to give it to others. – William Allen White

Learning is not compulsory...........neither is survival! - W. Edwards Deming

4ster

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2012, 05:00:18 PM »

There is a video that shows the blunderbuss, go to ''USS Texas SSN775  The stupid shall be punished Korea" there you'll find a tour of the USS Texas about half way through they show the blunderbuss. I'd post that if I knew how  

Is this it?
http://bubbleheads.blogspot.com/2011/07/uss-texas-sailor-on-afn-korea.html

There is a short shot of what looks like the blunderbuss.

blunderbuss

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2012, 01:24:10 AM »
 That's her if you look you can see the bayonet and USS Texas engraved on a flat near the breach. Thanks

« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 07:57:52 PM by blunderbuss »