Author Topic: Info Wanted on K Ravenshear  (Read 4116 times)

Offline Nit Wit

Info Wanted on K Ravenshear
« on: March 04, 2013, 11:35:10 PM »
Kit made 250 fusil grenadiers sets of components for the Canadian goverment. How many completed muskets were sold to the public. The paperwork with my #17 says it was a limited number. I know of one other here in Maine.
Thanks
Nit Wit
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 03:14:38 PM by Nit Wit »

Offline Kermit

Re: Info Wanted on K Ravenshire
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 06:41:00 AM »
It's "Kit Ravenshear." Searching with that spelling should give you some to chew on.
"Anything worth doing is worth doing slowly." Mae West

Offline Nit Wit

Re: Info Wanted on K Ravenshear
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 03:15:44 PM »
Thanks,fixed mysubject.
NW

Offline rich pierce

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2013, 07:08:32 PM »
You might call Chuck Dixon.  I don't know who else would know of Kit's production.  Kit was a pioneer of Dixon's Gunmaker's Fair.
Andover, Vermont

Offline T*O*F

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2013, 09:38:06 PM »
Kit made 250 fusil grenadiers sets of components for the Canadian goverment
From this statement, I infer that the Canadian government bought parts, made guns, and then sold them to the public.  This is confusing.  Can you clarify better?
Dave Kanger

If religion is opium for the masses, the internet is a crack, pixel-huffing orgy that deafens the brain, numbs the senses and scrambles our peer list to include every anonymous loser, twisted deviant, and freak as well as people we normally wouldn't give the time of day.
-S.M. Tomlinson

Offline Nit Wit

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2013, 09:45:00 PM »
TOF:
The Canadian gvt bought unassembled marie muskets for the fortress at Louisburg.
Kit sold assembled muskets to the public. I'm doing a story and would like to find out how many were sold . They were all numbered on the inside of the lock.
NW

Offline Don Getz

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2013, 06:46:59 PM »
Kit only lived about 15 miles from our barrel shop and we did get to see him often.  I can remember of him doing those muskets, but have no idea of how many he may have made.............Don

Offline duca

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2013, 12:23:26 AM »
You might call Chuck Dixon.  I don't know who else would know of Kit's production.  Kit was a pioneer of Dixon's Gunmaker's Fair.

Wow Rich, I didn't know that. I've heard a lot about Mr. Ravenshear in the past. I know Bob Winters of Flint Knapping Fame knew him well. I heard Bob talk about him at one of Dixion's Seminars the year he died. I don't think there was a dry eye in the house.
...and on the eighth day
God created the Longrifle...