Author Topic: TVM Fowler Kit  (Read 4957 times)

Offline Danny Jones

• Danny Jones - retired telecom eng.
TVM Fowler Kit
« on: March 07, 2013, 01:12:45 AM »
Having mulled over a new build for a while I decided to order a 20ga. fowler kit from TVM (Tenneessee Valley Muzzleloaders in Natchez, Ms.). I was going to order the parts individually but found that barrels are in kinda short supply. TVM is still running a Christmas Special with preshaped stocks, Siler locks, and a variety of barrels. I talked to Melanie yesterday and she said everything was on hand (including the Colerain barrel) and it would probably be ready next week. Price was very attractive and service could not have been better. I highly recommend anyone looking for a quality kit give them a call or check out ther website. I am not knocking anyone else's kits or service just thought you might want to check them out.  Danny
North Louisiana

silly goose

Re: TVM Fowler Kit
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 04:59:14 AM »
I am currently involved in my first build, a TVM Early Virginia kit.  Been working on it for a couple months now and have nothing but good things to say about the kit, or the service I've got from TVM.  Great folks to do business with. 

Offline Danny Jones

• Danny Jones - retired telecom eng.
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 08:32:27 PM »
Just a followup. I ordered the fowler kit (Colerain barrel, Siler lock, P++ stock) on 3/6 and they emailed me on 3/13 that it was ready. Great service. Now I just have to run down and pick it up.  Danny
North Louisiana

Offline bob in the woods

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2013, 04:39:32 AM »
I am not bashing anyone, or any company. Just want to point out that while some may endorse and be happy with a " great kit" and I'm sure what ends up as a nice gun.....I have seen many inappropriate parts
re historical accuracy, included with " Fowlers"    Rifle type buttplates for one, since they are generally easier to install. If you want a gun that shoots and looks nice that is one thing . If you want a true fowling gun, as per the 18th C period, your choice is reduced as far as who will provide a kit.
I could list those I know of, but I'll save that for another thread.

Vomitus

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2013, 11:43:24 PM »
   Nicely said,bob.