Author Topic: Beautiful left hand Poser jeager on the contemp. blog.  (Read 3038 times)

Offline Rolf

• There's more than one way to skin a cat.
Beautiful left hand Poser jeager on the contemp. blog.
« on: April 10, 2013, 11:30:01 PM »
There is a beautiful left handed Poser jeager by Ron Scot on the contemp. makers blog.
Does anyone know if Ron made the lock from castings or if its made from scratch? What size, caliber and make is the barrel?

Best regards
Rolf

Offline ChipK

Re: Beautiful left hand Poser jeager on the contemp. blog.
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 04:05:39 AM »
I believe that was a casting from one of Ron's Jaeger classes, I sent him a link to this post so he can answer the question for you.  Ron will be hosting the Oregon Gunmakers Fair next weekend and that rifle might be in display.

Offline Ron Scott

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 12:54:04 AM »
This lock was made up from a Left Hand Siler Builders Lock (blank lock plate). The cock is hand made, while the Frizzen spring is borrowed from a L&R lock.  The lock shaping and engraving were my interpretations of  Czech styles ca 1760s. The barrel is a Rice 32 inch long Jaeger Barrel in 58 caliber.

The lock Chip makes reference to, is copied from a Vienna Rifle that my NMLRA class will be working with. I will attempt to creat some photos at that event in June that I can post later.

Offline J. Talbert

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2013, 05:06:35 AM »
Ron,
Even though my tastes run much more toward American longrifles, I always seem to like your Jager's, and this one especially.  Your carving and engraving are always so well designed and executed.
Great job on the lock!

Jeff
There are no solutions.  There are only trade-offs.”
Thomas Sowell

Dean2

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2013, 03:39:36 PM »
I really like the lines and Architecture on this gun, The carving and engraving are very tasteful and well done. A really impressive piece of work, nice job.