Author Topic: Sitting Fox Guns  (Read 6510 times)

sloe bear

Sitting Fox Guns
« on: April 17, 2013, 04:19:32 PM »
Anyone out there know anything about Sitting Fox guns, their web site shows some pretty nice guns , but I have never seen or handled one. any ideas.thanks

bonron

Re: Sitting Fox Guns
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2013, 08:24:39 PM »
 ;D  here we go again.

Offline Cory Joe Stewart

• My etsy shop
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2013, 04:24:49 AM »
Sloe bear,

Welcome to the forum, we are all glad to have you here.  You may be wondering why there are not many responders to your question.  You would probably best benefit by doing a search of sitting fox on this forum and see past conversations that have been had. 

I have never held one of their rifles or fowlers, and there are some that have had good experience with them.

Coryjoe

Dean2

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2013, 03:44:21 PM »
No personal experience either but do agree, do some searches on here and on Traditional Long Rifles Forum. You will find lots on Fox Sitting in Chicken Coop.   :P Most consistent complaint is that owner will not stand behind issues when there are some.

Offline rich pierce

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2013, 09:32:54 PM »
Anyone out there know anything about Sitting Fox guns, their web site shows some pretty nice guns , but I have never seen or handled one. any ideas.thanks

We try not to get too much into evaluating vendors here, as it can go downhill if someone has a beef that really sticks in their craw.  Also keep in mind that we all have our preferences, price points, and ideas about what "quality" is.
Andover, Vermont

Offline pathfinder

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2013, 04:04:14 AM »
Typical kit gun's that are not very different from most "run of the mill" Part's compiled
"kit" offering's. Final result is up to you on the kits,finished guns are ok. Not the same as full on custom guns. Think more production. Good,solid quality though.

I think Ray moved to Florida full time. Haven't seen him at the last couple show's here in Michigan.
Not all baby turtles make to the sea!  Darwinism. It’s works!

bonron

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2013, 05:42:56 PM »
I've had hands-on experience. All Bad. If you want more from me please PM me............Ron >:(

Offline pathfinder

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2013, 03:52:43 AM »
Thank you bonron for keeping it as a P/m! :D

bonron

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2013, 11:21:36 PM »
My mommy always said I was the pick of the litter. Maybe, at 80yrs old, it's finally showing up............Ron   PS: Sitting Fox is fortunate to have such supportive friend. You're to be commended.

Offline pathfinder

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2013, 12:30:46 AM »
Dont know if it's as much supportive as I've not seen or heard anything real bad with Ray's thing's. Not the quality I provide or any other top notch builder I know,but for at least 1/2 the price of my gun's............

Ps,I tell my customers if they EVER want their money back,I'll be more than happy to buy the gun back. As long as it wasnt "messed" with! Still havent had to.

That being said,I'm also not as good as Mike Brook's,Kibler and those guy's,but when value shopping..........Ray's are OK,from what I've seen.