Author Topic: United Kingdom Black Powders  (Read 3040 times)

Offline Jerry V Lape

United Kingdom Black Powders
« on: May 04, 2013, 06:19:25 AM »
While looking up some other information I came across a couple powders available in England - TPPH and TS2.  There were some references to TPPH as Proof House Powder.  TS2 had comments about possibly being another powder made in Germany similar to Swiss.  Anyone with experience with these? 

DaveP (UK)

Re: United Kingdom Black Powders
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2013, 09:49:00 AM »
No personal experience, but I did see the names on a comparison chart. Hope this might be of some help: http://www.black-powder.co.uk/riflepowders.pdf
Now you are going to tell me that this is where you started...

But I did come across a reference to TPPH where some one had tried using it in a BPCR and found that the fouling was so bad that he had to clean after every shot. Possibly not a powder to set your heart on.

Offline Jerry V Lape

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2013, 07:20:44 AM »
Dave, I have seen that chart but nothing on how the powder performs.  I was really interested in whether we had any UK brothers on here who might know about it as it is apparently their Proof House powder and might have been something commonly used there.  Thanks for taking the time to help me though. 

hammer

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2013, 10:40:40 PM »
Jerry, found a quote from one of our leading Great Britain ML team.   He says TPPH is close to Swiss #4 in grain/performance.    And, of course, our Peter Starley's Blackpowder site gives comparative loads as has already been reported.
Not familiar with TPPH myself, use Swiss exclusively.

Hope this helps.