Author Topic: Ok Boys You wanted to see it " IT SHOOTS GOOD"  (Read 15074 times)

2lookindown

Re: Ok Boys You wanted to see it " IT SHOOTS GOOD"
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2013, 09:14:53 PM »
I would like for somone to explain why, if a gun will shoot dime size groups at 25 yards, why will the group open up to more
than twice the size of the 25 yard group if shot at 50 yards?  I know it will probably shoot higher or lower, but, why would it
wander to the right or left at a greater distance?  I don't think the ball will curve right or left, I can understand why a "bullet"might do this, but a round ball?????.........Don

Don, Are you talking about a "round ball" or one of those flat nosed 7/8ths round balls... I think the shooter has more to do with the group than the gun... If it will group a 25 it will group at 50...

Offline smokinbuck

« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2013, 11:11:39 PM »
2Look,
Unless I overlooked it I am presuming you used a bench but what kind of sights, powder charge, patch etc and was the rifle locked in, sand bags? I've got a few 5 shot groups at 50 yards that aren't much bigger off a shooting table. Can't post but if you want to I will send them to you.
Mark
Mark

2lookindown

« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2013, 11:35:34 PM »
mark, I shot that group off of a rag pile on a picnic table... I posted the rest of the recipe back at the front somewhere.....OPPS...The sights are fully adjustable wide blade sights....
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 11:41:09 PM by 2lookindown »

Offline smokinbuck

« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2013, 11:43:45 PM »
2Look,
How about some pics of this tack driver?
Mark
Mark

2lookindown

« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2013, 11:56:17 PM »
Mark, Apple Jack is one page 1 just below the target...

Offline smokinbuck

« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2013, 01:07:13 AM »
2Look,
Sorry about that, I did see that before, must be my "sometimers" kicking in. Looks like are joining those of us whose barrels are getting to short for the rear sight location.
Mark
Mark

2lookindown

« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2013, 01:18:06 AM »
It's out there a ways... ;D ;D I wonder how it would shoot with Swiss powder ?? I may try some and find out if it will get any better...

Offline Collector

« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2013, 09:01:28 PM »
That's a fair sized chunk of steel holding up that apple wood and designed for the target work it's do'n.  Ain't no lightweight, for sure.

Nice groups...  :) :)

2lookindown

« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2013, 12:36:14 AM »
Guys, Thanks for all the help along the way... I thought she would shoot pretty swell.... I just hope I can hold up long enough to do some good a some of the shoots and meet some new friends.... I hope I didn't step on anybody's toes too hard... You guys will like me once you get to know me... I'm just different in a good way...Again Thanks for the help "GOOD & BAD"  ;D ;D

Offline smokinbuck

« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2013, 04:25:51 AM »
2Look,
We hope you are around long enough to do some good at some shoots and we're glad you got to know some of us.
Mark
Mark

2lookindown

« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2013, 10:12:49 AM »
Guy's, I just lost my dad at 1:15 am... It has been a horrible year for us ... I lost 2 uncles a 1st cousin and my dad in a month... I was hoping it stopped with the #3 but it didn't.... He loved to shoot trap & kill groundhogs with his longrifles... I will sure miss him....

Offline Kevin Houlihan

« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2013, 04:05:05 PM »
We lost my father-in-law less than a week ago.  Hang in there...
Kevin

Offline smokinbuck

« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2013, 05:45:11 PM »
2Look,
Sorry to hear about your Dad. I'm certain that your good memories of him will be a comfort.
Mark
Mark

Offline Don Adams

« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2013, 03:05:49 AM »
Sorry for you loss.  Our family seems to experience rough patches too.  Two years ago we lost our dad and then two months later my brother in law, followed by dad's last brother a couple of months after that.  This past year lost an uncle on my mom's side (mom passed away back in 2003) in November close to Thanksgiving.  Then we lost a cousin on Christmas eve and another uncle on my mom's side the day after Christmas.  I am so sick of funerals. Not much you can do about them though as we get older so does our family and friends.

2lookindown

« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2013, 03:37:11 AM »
Guys, Thanks for the kind words...

Don,It sounds like we're related... If I drank it would be time... But I guess I'll just look up and wonder why ??

Offline smylee grouch

« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2013, 05:47:07 AM »
2lookindown, nice group, can I ask where you were aiming to center those shots in the x and 10 ring?  My groups tend to get alot bigger when my old eyes try to find the center of the black with so much black around it. If I hold on a 6-oclock position, my 40 chunker will shoot 5 shots into .6 inches at 50 yards, outside spread. That was about 5 years ago, cant do it now though.

2lookindown

« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2013, 10:12:09 AM »
Grouch,I hold at 6 o'clock to get that group. I guess my eye is still good enough to see the target at 25 but at 100 it looks like a fly speck... :D :D