Author Topic: Haymaker rifle  (Read 17034 times)

Offline JTR

• member 2
Re: Haymaker rifle
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2013, 08:14:36 PM »
Judging by some of the spelling, grammar, and simple sentence construction I see used on this and other forums, I’d say we’re losing ground on literacy!  :o

John
John Robbins

Dogshirt

« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2013, 09:59:31 PM »
Hey, it's not MY fault my keyboard can't spell!

Offline Dennis Glazener

• Administrator
    • GillespieRifles
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2013, 11:51:44 PM »
James B Whisker's book "Gunsmiths and Allied Tradesmen of VA" has what appears to be the same rifle that is on Mel's site, on page 116 and on the next page there is a John Haymaker rifle with "JH" carved behind the cheek piece. Guess this initial thing ran in the family.
Dennis
"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend" - Thomas Jefferson

realtorone

« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2013, 06:05:54 PM »
All the information on this site is why I enjoy it so much.I have a half stock(beleave it to have been full stock origionally) with a barrel marked with what I always thought was AC but now think it to be AH. The marking is very worn but almost identical to the stock marking shown in this thread as being AH. This rifle is shown in Jan's pictures of the 2011 Norris Show along with my swivel breech,but the barrel marking is not shown and I doubt it would show up in a photo.