Author Topic: Masonic Lodge which owns a longrifle  (Read 4144 times)

Offline Agent 006

Masonic Lodge which owns a longrifle
« on: June 13, 2013, 03:27:16 PM »
Is there a Masonic Lodge that owns a famous longrifle/Hawken?  I seem to recollect such, but cannot recall the specifics.  I also think that Peter Alexander's lodge  regularly raffles off a longrifle.  I am writing a diatribe to our grand lodge which recently refused to let me bring a Jamestown rifle with masonic symbols into our local lodge building because evil guns are not allowed.  Perhaps this needs to go to another forum.  Feel free to move it if so.  Thanks.
Jim

Offline mbriggs

• member 2
Re: Masonic Lodge which owns a longrifle
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 05:22:06 PM »
You might try a search of old post on this subject.  I posted some photos of William Lamb & Son rifle that is covered with Masonic Symbols about a year ago.  Someone at that time responded with photos of a rifle that was presented to a Masonic Lodge that I think was located in Texas or a state near it.

Try searching for "Rifles with Masonic Symbols."

I have owned many Jamestown Rifles that have one or two Masonic Symbols and know of two of them that have over a dozen Masonic inlays on them.

Is your rifle signed?

Michael
C. Michael Briggs

Offline Shreckmeister

• GGGG Grandpa Schrecengost Gunsmith/Miller
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2013, 05:40:29 PM »
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.

oakridge

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2013, 05:59:17 PM »

Offline mr. no gold

• member 2
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2013, 01:49:23 AM »
The Santa Fe, NM Lodge has the Kit Carson, Hawken rifle which Carson bequeatherd to them. It can be viewed by prior arrangements.
Dick

Offline smokinbuck

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2013, 12:09:28 AM »
There is a Peter Alexander, Masonic based, rifle going to be raffled off June 28th in Pennsylvania. Proceeds to benefit the Masonic lodge that sponsored the raffle. Ticket purchase ended last Friday.
Mark
Mark

Offline bob in the woods

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2013, 02:46:23 AM »
Website is    www.pvmcmasons.org
Peter Alexander, the " Gunsmith of Grenville County" has built a few long rifles for auction. 
Details about the latest project are on the above noted site.