Author Topic: looking for info and pics of rifles by Christian Hawken and George Krepps  (Read 3944 times)

Bernard

Can anyone provide pictures of original Christian Hawken and or George Krepps as well as any information about these makers, when and where they worked?

Offline rsells

Michel Simens has some pictures of an original Christian Hawken on his web site.  The rifle has been sold, but there a few pictures of the rifle on his site.  His web site is Kentucky Rifles.com.  I have some pictures I made of an original while I was traveling out West, but they are hard copies and not digital. It has the same profile as the one on the above web site, but a slightly different patch box design.  Hope this will be of help.
                                                                                 Roger Sells

Offline louieparker

Go to the museum on this site, there is a Christan Hawken,,,,,LP

Offline JTR

• member 2
Click on the link here;

http://americanlongrifles.org/forum/index.php?topic=4545.0

A beauty of a rifle!!!!!

« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 03:03:03 AM by JTR »
John Robbins

Offline rich pierce

• Administrator
Wonderful gun, especially the carving.
Andover, Vermont

Offline VP

Bernard,

The Kentucky Rifle Foundation has just released a new CD on a display at the B&O museum in Ellicott City, Maryland that features Maryland rifles. The CD contains a series of photos of a really great Christian Hawken and also a George Krepps rifle and pistol. The added advantage is that there is 22 other Maryland rifles featured. The shots are all in high resolution and show lots of details of the guns. You can purchase with it withcredit card or Paypal on the Kentucky Rifle Foundation website.

www.kentuckyriflefoundation.org

Offline jrb

In Peter Alexander's book "the Gunsmith of Grenville County", he lists some dimensions to a real beautiful C. Hawken.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 12:44:24 AM by jrb »