Author Topic: A loss to The American Traditions Magazine  (Read 4120 times)

Offline louieparker

A loss to The American Traditions Magazine
« on: July 18, 2013, 01:32:44 AM »
I see that Mel and David are stepping down from their position with The American Traditions magazine..  Both these fellows have done an outstanding job. The magazine is nothing less than outstanding .. They are leaving some big shoes to be filled....Louie

Offline WElliott

• member 2
Re: A loss to The American Traditions Magazine
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2013, 04:51:40 AM »
Mel and David are, indeed, leaving big shoes to filled.  They made American Traditions an important voice in the longrifle world.  It is the only periodical that I save every issue.  Thank you Mel and thank you David!
Wayne Elliott

Offline G-Man

• Member 3
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2013, 05:59:13 PM »
It takes a lot of effort - year round - to make this publication look as great as it does.  The reason you don't see these guys at the shows much is because they are in the back room photographing and working with hundreds of great antique and contemporary pieces and planning the magazine a year out in advance.  It is a tremendous amount of work and I had no idea how much until having the privilege of being involved with the magazine and getting to work with David and Mel in the past two years. 

Thanks David and Mel - you have given so much and educated so many.

Guy

Dogshirt

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2013, 06:09:04 PM »
Is there a link to this magazine? I did a search for it but found nothing.

Offline smallpatch

• Dane Lund
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2013, 10:19:52 PM »
Dogshirt,

American Tradition is a publication of the Contemporary Longrifle Association, that is published twice an year.  It is EXTREMELY well done.  Great glossy photos of member's work.  Well photographed and informative.

I believe it is a "member's only" publication.  Worth the price of membership, in and of itself.

In His grip,

Dane

Offline Darrin McDonal

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2013, 04:33:39 PM »
Guy is correct, the amount of hours is absolutely staggering for a magazine to end up looking as stunning as that one. Well this isnt  John Hayse  first rodeo, and I believe he will do just fine. Besides he has great mentors.
Darrin
Apprentice Gunsmith
Colonial Williamsburg
Owner of Frontier Flintlocks

Offline JTR

• member 2
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2013, 06:10:21 PM »
Those guys did a fantastic job for sure, and I wish the new editor equal success!

John
John Robbins