Author Topic: GRRW history/link  (Read 2869 times)

Offline G. Elsenbeck

GRRW history/link
« on: July 22, 2013, 03:27:45 AM »
For some of us this was what many of us read about and drooled over getting one of the Green River Rifle Works rifles.  Interesting information and a nice stroll down memory lane.  Enjoy.
Gary

http://www.whitemuzzleloading.com/myweb2/images/whiterifles/GRRW.htm
Journeyman in the Honourable Company of Horners (HCH) and a member in the Contemporary Longrifle Association (CLA)

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Offline Acer Saccharum

• Administrator
    • Thomas  A Curran
Re: GRRW history/link
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 04:47:08 AM »
Thanks for posting that. I missed much of the Western rifle goings-on, so I enjoyed that web link very much.
Tom Curran's web site : http://monstermachineshop.net
Ramrod scrapers are all sold out.

Offline rich pierce

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 05:08:02 AM »
Shinin times.
Andover, Vermont

nosrettap1958

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2013, 05:12:26 PM »
The one thing about those times was the lack of information about all of these great rifles being built.  The only advertising you had back then was word of mouth and a few magazine articles. I started shooting black powder in 1976 when I purchased a 1858 Remington-Beals revolver kit from Montgomery-Wards.  I visited shops to buy supplies and from there I learned about the few rilfes other than Navy Arms and CVA rifles being built, I can  remember one old timer saying, buy the Navy Arms longrifle because the CVA longrifle comes in two pieces!!!! And the Hatfield is about the best longrifle being built today!! ::)

In other words, a great time for all of those great rifles being built but a horrendous time for a novice trying to find out about all of those great rifles being built.  ???
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 08:01:23 PM by crawdad »

Offline Snakebite

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2013, 06:51:12 AM »
I had a brother-in-law that had a Leman rifle in .54. It was an awesome rifle, great shooter. Unfortunately someone really wanted it and stole it out of his truck. It was a good quality rifle.