Author Topic: Lloyd Norris  (Read 4248 times)

Offline Shreckmeister

• GGGG Grandpa Schrecengost Gunsmith/Miller
Lloyd Norris
« on: August 01, 2013, 05:23:04 PM »
Dose anyone have photos of any contemporary longrifles by Lloyd Norris to share?  He was from Western PA.
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.

Offline JCKelly

Re: Lloyd Norris
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 02:26:06 AM »
Didn't know Lloyd made rifles.
Had a barber shop. I lived in Tarentum, Pennsylvania when I met him a few years/decades ago.

Offline Don Getz

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2013, 05:36:43 AM »
I sold a lot of barrels to Lloyd.  He was probably better known for his miniatures, built a lot of them too...........Don

Offline Shreckmeister

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2013, 02:53:35 PM »
I will ask his son if he would share a picture of the miniatures and get a picture of the full size ones too
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.

fbirds

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2013, 05:04:14 PM »
What are you wanting to know about Lloyd? I knew him and own a few of his guns.

Offline Shreckmeister

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2013, 06:12:19 PM »
I never had a chance to meet him, but I've heard from 3 people what an excellent builder and person
he was.  He also collected Shreckengost rifles which is one of my interests and at one time owned
the original rifling bench that Wm Shreckengost used to rifle his barrels. 
    I was hoping to see good photos of his work.  I've had 3 of his rifles in my hand and thought the
workmanship to very high quality.  I thought it would be good to pay tribute to his work by putting it
online for others to see.  Thanks
Rob

fbirds

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2013, 06:47:09 PM »
I have 2 of his miniatures and a 22-250 he built when that was still a wildcat round. I would be happy to exchange photos and info about his guns with you. Ive wanted for a while now to collect any info i can about his works and build a photo collection of them. Contact me by email so we can exchange info.

Offline Shreckmeister

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2013, 04:41:19 AM »
Your email isn't in your profile.  Mine is if you want to send one first.  Thanks