Author Topic: Does anyone have any idea when percussion caps will be available ?  (Read 38356 times)

Offline drago

Re: Does anyone have any idea when percussion caps will be available ?
« Reply #75 on: November 21, 2013, 02:28:36 AM »
Hey James lets hold down the talk about hazmat fee's on flints[you know how sharp they are], they cost enough without the Revernuers getting involved!

jamesthomas

« Reply #76 on: November 21, 2013, 06:00:55 AM »
 Sorry ;) I forgot that sharp an dangerous items might the next thing to get banned or charged an extra fee for shipping. The next thing we will be limited to a 10 flint maximum order!! ;D with a 20 flint maximum in possession.

Black Jack

« Reply #77 on: November 22, 2013, 05:00:04 PM »
The next thing we will be limited to a 10 flint maximum order!! ;D with a 20 flint maximum in possession.
.......not to mention the three day waiting period!

Offline Topknot

• www.yahoo.com
« Reply #78 on: November 23, 2013, 03:28:29 AM »
Aint no shortage of caps around here. I bought a box of 1000 CCI a couple of weeks ago at shotgun sports here in anniston, al.

topknot
TIM COMPTON, SR.

layover to catch meddlers!

Offline moleeyes36

« Reply #79 on: November 23, 2013, 05:03:22 AM »
They had plenty of #10 and #11 caps in Bass Pro Shop's Outdoor World in Orlando, FL yesterday.
Don Richards
NMLRA Field Rep, Instructor, Field Range Officer
NRA Chief Range Safety Officer

blaksmth

« Reply #80 on: November 29, 2013, 07:39:39 AM »
I got a box of caps at sportsman warehouse in Colo Sprgs gave $7.99 for them they were RWS which is all they had, would rather had CCI but I took what I could get and almost had a stroke at the price :o I guess I will see how they work, I never had a bad CCI cap though

Offline Candle Snuffer

• Traditional Muzzle Loading, Powder, Patch & Ball
« Reply #81 on: November 29, 2013, 09:02:42 AM »
RWS are good caps, probably higher quality then CCI.  I've used them for over 20 years and have never experience any trouble with them.  I believe they are a hotter cap.  CCI were always reliable caps as well.
Snuffer
Chadron Fur Trade Days

galamb

« Reply #82 on: November 30, 2013, 05:26:15 AM »
Just today at work we got in a long standing back order of CCI #11 percussion caps.

Figure if they have made their way, through the supply chain to "small town Eastern Ontario, Canada" from the US supplier we order from, the "drought" may soon be over...

Offline Hungry Horse

« Reply #83 on: December 16, 2013, 07:53:46 PM »
 If CCI caps hadn't become available i probably would have switched to flint ten years earlier. RWS, Dixie, and Remington, caps were what was available out here on the left coast back then. I didn't like Dixie's (Italian brass) or Remington's poorly sized, caps. So, I used RWS caps, not because they were all that good, they were just better than the rest. When I got my first batch of CCI's I was hooked. The old kit guns I had been shooting weren't reliable until I got that batch of CCI's. They are the best cap on the market IMHO.
 By the way a friend that is still playing with cap guns, told me yesterday he got a batch of CCI's shipped to him from The Gun Works, in Oregon. So, some caps are still in the pipeline if you hunt around for them.

Hungry Horse

Offline moleeyes36

« Reply #84 on: December 16, 2013, 11:21:15 PM »
I saw both CCI #11 and Remington #10 caps in the Bass Pro Shop's Outdoor World the other day when I was in there.
Don Richards
NMLRA Field Rep, Instructor, Field Range Officer
NRA Chief Range Safety Officer

Offline Nit Wit

« Reply #85 on: December 22, 2013, 05:36:15 PM »
Wal mart in Maine has Winchester brand, 7.50 a tin
Nit Wit

Offline Hungry Horse

« Reply #86 on: December 22, 2013, 08:24:44 PM »
 It appears that if you can't find caps, you need to look where they are a major part of the stores business. The average sporting goods stores are out. But he stores that cater to shooter seem to have caps. They are pretty pricy, depending on where you get them.

Hungry Horse

Offline Candle Snuffer

• Traditional Muzzle Loading, Powder, Patch & Ball
« Reply #87 on: December 23, 2013, 03:48:28 AM »
And I know no one wants to hear this, but it may very well be getting to the point of considering converting your cap lock to a flintlock.  Just out of curiosity I took a look at Dixie Gun Works, and they have some caps - limit one tin - with a hazmat fee of near 28.00 on top of the one tin of caps.

This is ridiculous!

Fortunately I have both cap and flintlock rifles and at this time I prefer to shoot my flintlocks.  If and when caps become available once again, it is anyone's guess what the price of caps will be.  I'd suggest if you have a cap rifle you could convert to flint, I'd convert it.

Just a suggestion.  I do hope all who prefer the cap locks will find caps at a reasonable price soon.   
Snuffer
Chadron Fur Trade Days

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #88 on: December 26, 2013, 08:19:07 PM »
I was in the local (Florence Alabama) Gander Mountain a few days ago, they had plenty of #11 caps in the B/P section, both CCI and Remington if I remember correctly.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 08:19:36 PM by Eric Krewson »