Author Topic: Marc Tornichio rifle on the blog  (Read 4042 times)

Offline B.Barker

Marc Tornichio rifle on the blog
« on: September 18, 2013, 08:17:59 PM »
Marc's "Sheetz" rifle is over on the blog if you haven't seen it. Looks really nice in the photo's but better in person. I was able to handle it a couple of times, its a really nice rifle. Best one he's made so far I think. He has made great strides in his gun building in the short time I've known him. Once again great rifle, even if your not into iron mounted ones the workmanship is to be admired. The trigger guard is fantastic. Check it out.

Offline Gaeckle

Re: Marc Tornichio rifle on the blog
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2013, 07:25:47 PM »
........... even if your not into iron mounted ones the workmanship is to be admired. The trigger guard is fantastic. Check it out.

They may not admit it, but everybody is into iron mounted guns.........yes, Mark did greta job on this one......

Offline PPatch

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2013, 09:46:38 PM »
Very nice, love the steel mounts and the cheek piece carving.

dp
Dave Parks   /   Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Offline Mark Elliott

• Mark Elliott  Artist & Craftsman
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2013, 04:41:36 AM »
Why did you refer to the rifle as a Sheetz?  I had assumed it to be a fantasy rifle with homage to Davidson and his unidentified master.   I am finishing up a similar project and when I talked with Marc about his rifle,  he didn't correct my impression.   

Offline B.Barker

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2013, 02:45:46 PM »
Mark, no one is certain who made the rifle. The rifle that Marc T took the hardware and architecture from has been attributed to Phillip Sheetz. The patch box on the Sheetz rifle had a flat finial and he wanted something nicer for this one.

MarkEngraver

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2013, 06:34:18 PM »
Saw this gun the other day on the CM blog and had to go over it several times to admire it.
Marc, a very nice rifle indeed !   :)

Mark

Offline bgf

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2013, 04:45:44 AM »
It is gorgeous in person.  I wish Marc had gone with the original Sheetz-attributed patchbox, but the Davidson "upgrade" is so pretty, I'm almost convinced he made the right choice :)!