Author Topic: Don Getz asks Acer about set trigger  (Read 10555 times)

Offline Paddlefoot

Re: Don Getz asks Acer about set trigger
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2013, 09:13:32 PM »
Not to speak against any of the previous comments but here's a question. Alexander points out in his books triggers section that most of the early (say pre 1810 or so) rifles that had set triggers had the single set type we have discussed as being less safe that we would like.  Could it be that these were used in order to have just a bit more consistency of trigger pull from gun to gun? Maybe easier to engineer the trigger geometry?
The nation that makes great distinction between it's warriors and it's scholars will have it's thinking done by cowards and it's fighting done by fools. King Leonidas of Sparta

Offline Captchee

« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2013, 09:45:46 PM »
It's far better to resolve trigger problems BEFORE the lock and trigger are inlet. I only recently discovered this concept, after many trials and errors, that some of the problems won't go away if you don't plan the function out on paper.

agreed .

sweed

« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2013, 11:16:50 PM »
Acer, Don, Captchee,  ??? you're all talking over my head. Sure hope Acer's suggestion of a trigger tut  :D will come to fruition!! I've always said as a carpenter, if you can draw it, I can build it. Thought I had something of a bead on triggers, until I read this thread. You never really know how much you don't know!! Thanks
sweed ;)