Author Topic: them cussed crows agin  (Read 14994 times)

Offline Don Getz

Re: them cussed crows agin
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2014, 04:17:35 PM »
Those smart crows made me think of something my brother Dick used to tell us.  He
said, God screwed up, sex should have been something that you had to "learn" how
to do it.  Makes a lot of sense, think about it.  Might even be some missing from this
forum...........Don

Offline chrisdefrance

• Chris de France
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2014, 04:49:02 PM »

There's not an animal in the woods that likes a crow... they are raucous...they are full of trickery and deceit...when you are huntin' there'll swoop in an' make such a ruckus...there's not an animal on God's green earth that likes a crow.
"These are the times that try men's souls: The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of his country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman."

Offline hanshi

• My passion is longrifles!
    • martialartsusa.com
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2014, 01:59:38 AM »
Me!  ;D
!Jozai Senjo! "always present on the battlefield"
Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.

Offline J Henry

« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2014, 02:34:21 AM »
  Dumb Crows????  A Crow can be taught to speak Human!!!! but can a Human be taught to speak Crow!!!!

jamesthomas

« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2014, 03:35:31 AM »

There's not an animal in the woods that likes a crow... they are raucous...they are full of trickery and deceit...when you are huntin' there'll swoop in an' make such a ruckus...there's not an animal on God's green earth that likes a crow.

I like them.

Offline Bart

« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2014, 05:38:57 AM »
Crows are very smart!! While hunting deer in the mountains of Virginia, I once heard a single crow early in the morning as it tried to mimic a Canada Goose as it honked away leaving a pond near my tree stand. The ole crow did a good job of trying to sound like the goose.

Crows never cease to amaze me, if the crows are calling in the woods, everything is normal, and deer still move about freely. Crows can live to be 75 years of age and older and they can mimic over 1100 sounds!!!!!
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 05:43:45 AM by Bart »

Offline Herb

« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2014, 07:08:22 AM »
On my street in Vernal, Utah are two English walnut trees.  These are the thin-shelled nuts that you get at Christmas time.  Before the nuts are ripe and we could eat them, crows pick them off the tree.  One will pick a nut and fly about a block away to a house with a circular driveway off the street.  He will drop it from about thirty feet onto the cement and the shell breaks.  He then alights and picks the nut meats out.  Makes a mess on my friend's driveway, but he admires the birds.  So do I.
Herb

Offline heelerau

« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2014, 02:20:02 PM »
 As a kid during lambing season on the sheep station (ranch) my late father managed, many times have seen a lambing ewe with her dead lamb hanging out, eyes picked out,  the both of them.  I won't start on what our wedge tailed eagles do.  >:(
Keep yor  hoss well shod an' yor powdah dry !

Offline Feltwad

« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2014, 03:07:32 PM »
There are several methods on shooting crows or members of the corvid family but what I have find the best is shooting them over decoys.Here in the UK the carrion crows cause damage during the lambing season  and the breeding game season which are easy to decoy at this time ,the most damage done too crops are  by rooks and jackdaws when you have a flock of  100 plus attacking a standing barley field it is surprising what damage they do and the best way for these are decoys ,if everything goes OK some big  bags can be shot.
Feltwad

« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 03:14:11 PM by Feltwad »