Author Topic: Breech Plug Install  (Read 15297 times)

jamesthomas

Re: Breech Plug Install
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2014, 05:37:22 PM »
 Well, I hope the classes are free!, I'm paying a lot of hospital bills right now from a case of Viral Meningitis I had last May. I came close on not being here. Thanks to everyone for the tips and advise, I'll get me a scope like Dan has and it will help a lot. Also it seems that Jason at Rice barrels is the go to man for having good breech plug fit on his barrels, glad I bought 2 when he had them on sale.

Offline Jim Kibler

• Personal Website
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2014, 06:00:43 PM »
Well, I hope the classes are free!, I'm paying a lot of hospital bills right now from a case of Viral Meningitis I had last May. I came close on not being here. Thanks to everyone for the tips and advise, I'll get me a scope like Dan has and it will help a lot. Also it seems that Jason at Rice barrels is the go to man for having good breech plug fit on his barrels, glad I bought 2 when he had them on sale.

No need to buy a bore scope.  All you need is a vise, big crescent wrench, mill file and a magic marker.  Seriously, there are MANY places for a beginner to spend money before buying a bore scope.  I do this stuff all the time and I've never felt the need to have one.  I'm sure Dan was using one because he happened to have access to one.

Jim

Offline Dphariss

• Kill a Commie for your Mommy
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2014, 10:34:08 PM »
It was interesting but its not an alternative to debreeching.
The "good" photo is a breech I did on pistol. I just took the photo as a comparison. I already knew it was gas tight.

Dan
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 10:34:29 PM by Dphariss »
He who dares not offend cannot be honest. Thomas Paine

Offline Acer Saccharum

• Administrator
    • Thomas  A Curran
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2014, 10:45:02 PM »
That makes sense, Dan. 
Tom Curran's web site : http://monstermachineshop.net
Ramrod scrapers are all sold out.