Author Topic: Grand Valley Cap n Ballers Steak and Dollar Shoot  (Read 2395 times)

cahil_2

Grand Valley Cap n Ballers Steak and Dollar Shoot
« on: April 06, 2014, 02:36:24 AM »
Grand Valley Cap n Ballers here in Dorr, Michigan had their annual spring Steak and Dollar shoot.  Had a nice cool 40 degree day with snow still on the ground and lots of sun.  Had a good turnout.  Shot 20 shots in the woods walk, 20 shots at novelty targets, and 20 shots at silouettes at 25, 50, 75, and 100 yards.  There were  plenty of packages of meat to be won.  This is a great club and facility, look them up on line.

Offline Bob Roller

Re: Grand Valley Cap n Ballers Steak and Dollar Shoot
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 04:02:56 PM »
THAT is a serious covered firing line and looks like better construction than the one at Friendship.
Is 100 yards the limit of use or can more be had if needed?

Bob Roller

cahil_2

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2014, 05:14:03 PM »
100 yards is the limit and yes it is a very long shooting line.  Only about half of it is used.

Offline Candle Snuffer

• Traditional Muzzle Loading, Powder, Patch & Ball
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2014, 03:48:22 AM »
That is a nice covered line for sure.  Could we have 1/2% of the covered line you're not using.... :) ;D

We had our first shoot of the Spring today.  Weather was good even though the weather forecast called for  rain & snow and high winds.  We had 50 degrees and no wind...  Probably would have had 4 to 6 more shooters had they not read the weather forecast...
Snuffer
Chadron Fur Trade Days

Offline t.caster

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2014, 03:01:44 AM »
I used to go there several times a year, before the line was covered. Now I go in the summer for a rendesvous. Last time I was there it was 98 degrees in the shade! They are hosting the Mid West Primitive Rendesvous this year.
I know Cal & Ben in the 6th photo from another primitive group we belong to.
Great place to shoot.

T. Caster, president, Lookinglass River Longrifles Club
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 07:38:19 PM by t.caster »
Tom C.