Author Topic: Spring Interstate Flintlock Team Shoot  (Read 4721 times)

Offline Ky-Flinter

• Global Moderator
  • Born in Kentucke, just 250 years late
Spring Interstate Flintlock Team Shoot
« on: April 08, 2014, 04:52:18 AM »
The Pennsylvania Company of Riflemen State Flintlock team will host the Spring Interstate Flintlock Team Shoot on Saturday, May 10, 2014, at the Castlewood Rod & Gun Club, 2964 Shaffer Road, Ellwood City, PA.

Miscellaneous targets in the morning with prizes.
Team Flintlock shoot will start at noon (12:00) consisting of a 4 target aggregate.  Will use scores from the top 5 shooters for each state.  Please bring a prize worth fifteen dollars ($15.00) for on the blanket.           

Camp Grounds....Bear Run
              184 Badger Hill Road
              Portersville, PA (724) 368-3564

Rose Point Camp Grounds
              off US 422
              New Castle, PA (724) 924-2415

Motels.............. Comfort Inn
             1740 New Butler Road
             New Castle, PA (724) 658-7700

Super 8
              1699 Butler Road
              New Castle Pa 16101 (724)658-8849
Ron Winfield

Life is too short to hunt with an ugly gun. -Nate McKenzie

Offline Ky-Flinter

• Global Moderator
Re: Spring Interstate Flintlock Team Shoot
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2014, 04:59:38 AM »
Kentucky is sending two 5-man teams, so here's a challenge.  What about it Ohio, New York, West Virginia and any other state?  Will we see you there?

-Ron
Ron Winfield

Offline Candle Snuffer

• Traditional Muzzle Loading, Powder, Patch & Ball
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 04:56:48 PM »
I've always wanted to do this, but living way out yonder here in northwest Nebraska, I just haven't been able to get enough interest up in gathering a five man team.  Now if my wife would agree to move to Kentucky, I could have some fun! :)
Snuffer
Chadron Fur Trade Days

Offline Ky-Flinter

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2014, 10:36:40 PM »
So?  Is any other state sending a team?  How about it Ohio, Indiana, New York, West Virginia?  It shouldn't be too far for you guys. 

-Ron
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 10:38:52 PM by Ky-Flinter »
Ron Winfield

ken

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2014, 02:10:15 AM »
How did the shoot go? And who had the high scores? Did Pa or Kentucky win . Whats the story!!!!!!!

Offline Candle Snuffer

• Traditional Muzzle Loading, Powder, Patch & Ball
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2014, 03:10:53 AM »
I'd kinda like to know as well so I know if when I'm shooting my flintlock this year, am I shooting a Kentucky or Pennsylvania rifle? ;D

Seriously though, I'd like to know how it went as well. :)
Snuffer
Chadron Fur Trade Days

Offline Ky-Flinter

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2014, 05:20:15 AM »
Speaking for the Kentucky team, we had a great time.  The PA team took us all to a German restaurant and tavern on Friday evening.  They kept ordering us these tall glasses of Yuengling.  We started thinking maybe they were trying to affect our ability to shoot the next day!?!?  But we had to be polite, right?, so drink up!

I don't have the exact scores but the PA team had 3, maybe 4 shooters in the 180's and took first place.  KY was second.  In addition to the team-match targets, there were 4 re-entry novelty targets.  The coolest match (my favorite) was a bottle of wine hanging by a string at 25 yards, $1. per shot, cut the string and the wine is yours, but if you hit the bottle, the penalty is $20.

After the shoot we all went to Mulligan's for some Yuengling's, dinner, and much ribbing by the victorious PA team.

You guys need to put a team together and come to the Fall Shoot at Boonesborough, KY, and the Spring Shoot in PA next year.  A good time is guaranteed!

-Ron
Ron Winfield

Online Stoner creek

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2014, 08:46:03 PM »
 The Interstate Shoot has been a tradition for 51 years now and has transformed itself into a reunion of sorts. Many of us who have participated in it through the decades have seen each others' families born, grow up, and in some instances, pass on. It is as natural an occurance on our calendars as Easter and Christmas.
 If you have never participated, give it a try! You will see the best flintlock shooters in the world there as well as someone just waiting to be your next buddy!
 Contact me or Kyflinter! We have the fall version of the interstate shoot in Boonesborough Ky. on the first saturday in October. Come down on Friday prior to the shoot and I will host you at the Keeneland race course for the opening of the fall meet.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 04:19:34 AM by Ky-Flinter »
Stop Marxism in America