Author Topic: Antique Rifle on blog May 8th  (Read 3291 times)

Offline Shreckmeister

• GGGG Grandpa Schrecengost Gunsmith/Miller
Antique Rifle on blog May 8th
« on: May 09, 2014, 02:57:29 PM »
I'd like to get the opportunity to see that silver mounted halfstock in person.  It has a lot of work on it that shares traits of work by Wm. Shreckengost.  Particularly the engraving and inlay shapes.  It's a beauty of a halfstock.  If it's too far away, I'd just like to chat with the owner about some details. 
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.

Offline Dphariss

• Kill a Commie for your Mommy
Re: Antique Rifle on blog May 8th
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2014, 01:37:26 AM »
Nice rifle.

Dan
He who dares not offend cannot be honest. Thomas Paine

Tony Clark

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2014, 03:24:05 PM »
That hammer is kinda like a facial wart on an exceptionally beautiful woman.

Offline Shreckmeister

• GGGG Grandpa Schrecengost Gunsmith/Miller
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2014, 11:17:35 PM »
That hammer is kinda like a facial wart on an exceptionally beautiful woman.

No kidding.  Looks like it came off a military musket.  I thought the same thing.
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.

Offline Fullstock longrifle

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2014, 04:04:55 PM »
Yea, the hammers looks to be off of a model 1842 musket, most likely a replacement. I can't see the gunsmith using that when he originally made the gun.
Frank