Author Topic: Taylor Sapergia Full Stock LH Flint Hawken  (Read 6501 times)

Dean2

Taylor Sapergia Full Stock LH Flint Hawken
« on: May 11, 2014, 06:52:29 PM »
Thought you might enjoy seeing some more of Taylor's work. No fancy carving, scroll work or the like, jut a beautiful example of a very well designed and executed gun that he built a few years back.

It has the 54 caliber barrel mounted and a spare "Big Game" 62 caliber Rice, round bottom rifled barrel. It also has a complete spare, tuned L&R lock in case you manage to wear out the first one. As you can see, well loved but also used for its intended purpose, not just hung on the wall.

Click on the link to view the pictures.

http://imgur.com/a/biiFA
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 09:24:10 PM by Tim Crosby »

Offline Old Ford2

Re: Taylor Sapergia Full Stock LH Flint Hawken
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2014, 07:32:02 PM »
Beautiful rifle!
There is not much more to say, other than I wish it were here.
Best regards
Fred
Never surrender, always take a few with you.
Let the Lord pick the good from the bad!

Offline PPatch

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2014, 08:55:15 PM »
This is so typical of that Sapergia fellow - always sitting the bar higher. We'll never catch up!  :-\

Next we will hear of how well it shoots, etc etc...  :)

Nice shoot'n iron!

dp
Dave Parks   /   Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Offline D. Taylor Sapergia

• Member 3
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2014, 11:23:02 PM »

Well, it's nice to see one of your 'kids' again after a long time away.  I believe that is a rifle I built for a friend of mine in Clearwater BC back in the 80's.  He had some issues with his right arm resulting from injuries, and had me bob the barrel by several inches, long after the rifle was finished.  This interferes a little with the architecture of the muzzle/for'd key and nose piece.
Yet she looks to be very well loved and cared for, and that makes me happy.  Thanks a lot for showing it off, and for the kind words.

D. Taylor Sapergia
www.sapergia.blogspot.com

Art is not an object.  It is the excitement inspired by the object.

sloe bear

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2014, 04:34:34 AM »
wow is about it ,very nice rifle wrapped in that beautiful piece of wood

Dean2

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2014, 04:28:54 PM »
Taylor

You are exactly correct about the original owner and which rifle this is. I feel lucky being left handed to have become the next person to give it a good home where it will be well taken care of. My nephew is also a lefty that loves shooting of all types, so the plan is that it will eventually move to another good home many years from now. In the meantime I will take it out shooting and hunting regularly so it doesn't get cabin fever. You really do beautiful work and knowing about the barrel bob now that end of the rifle makes sense too. I actually like the weight and balance with the barrel length it has now, do you recall how much you shortened it by?

Offline D. Taylor Sapergia

• Member 3
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2014, 07:46:02 PM »
Dean2:  If I recall correctly, I cut two inches from the muzzle, and of course, the forend.  If I knew how long the barrel is now, and I suspect it is 34", then my memory serves me well.  I'm very pleased to see this rifle where it will receive the use it was made for, and the care it deserves.  Well done!!
D. Taylor Sapergia
www.sapergia.blogspot.com

Art is not an object.  It is the excitement inspired by the object.

sloe bear

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2014, 12:53:46 AM »
right nice rifle , to bad its backwards, I used to shoot lefty until uncle sam put a m-14 in my hands, that hot brass rattling off your helmet and going down the back of your neck was enough to make me switch, but I can still do anything I want using the old left paw. that rifle would make me switch back again.